Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Aamuman

How to blocklist recipients from ever being contacted?

SOLVE

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to blocklist entire domains from ever receiving emails of any sort. I know I can manually opt out existing contacts from email marketing, but I was wondering if there is a way to blocklist an entire domain.

Something like: All emails ending with @example.com are forbidden to be sent emails to.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

3 Accepted solutions
rlopez
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Aamuman 🙂

I hope you are ok. I think you can do this following next steps:

1. Search @example.com on the contact database.
  2. Click the select all checkbox on the top left.
  3. Click on the "More" dropdown.
  4. Click the "Edit communication subscriptions" option.
  5. Select the subscription, opt-out radio button, etc... and save button.
  6. That's all 🙂

I don't know a way to opt out entire domains without editing all the contacts subscription.

Regards,

[ Si esta publicación te ha ayudado con tu problema ayuda a la comunidad marcándola como solución ]
[ If this response helped you, please mark it as a solution ]

Rafael López
Head of Marketing
Odontonet by Glintt

HubSpot Community Champion

linkedininstagram

View solution in original post

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Aamuman,

You can bulk manage subscriptions from lists, per this knowledgebase article.  N.B. this won't automatically opt-out any new contacts with that domain. 

In terms of marketing emails, you could use an active list called e.g. "Do Not Email".  The list would need to use the Contact property "Email Domain", and would automatically add new subscribers by email domain:

AdamLPW_1-1621244622529.png

When sending your email you can select this active list in the "do not send to" area:

AdamLPW_0-1621244428347.png

Sure there's funky stuff that can be done with Workflows for new subscribers... I am but a humble Starter user!

😄 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Aamuman,

The easiest way to exclude these contacts is by creating an active list (Menu > Contacts > Lists > Create list) that looks for contacts with certain email domains:

karstenkoehler_1-1621248263164.png

Once you have the list, you can exclude it in Don't send to dropdown of the Send or schedule tab of the email editor:

karstenkoehler_0-1621248213428.png

With your Professional subscription, you could automatically unsubscribe these contacts from specific subscriptions. A simple contact-based workflow would look like this:

karstenkoehler_2-1621248405896.png

Once a contact has an opt-out for a specific subscription type, emails with that subscription will not be sent to this contact anymore.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Aamuman,

The easiest way to exclude these contacts is by creating an active list (Menu > Contacts > Lists > Create list) that looks for contacts with certain email domains:

karstenkoehler_1-1621248263164.png

Once you have the list, you can exclude it in Don't send to dropdown of the Send or schedule tab of the email editor:

karstenkoehler_0-1621248213428.png

With your Professional subscription, you could automatically unsubscribe these contacts from specific subscriptions. A simple contact-based workflow would look like this:

karstenkoehler_2-1621248405896.png

Once a contact has an opt-out for a specific subscription type, emails with that subscription will not be sent to this contact anymore.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Aamuman,

You can bulk manage subscriptions from lists, per this knowledgebase article.  N.B. this won't automatically opt-out any new contacts with that domain. 

In terms of marketing emails, you could use an active list called e.g. "Do Not Email".  The list would need to use the Contact property "Email Domain", and would automatically add new subscribers by email domain:

AdamLPW_1-1621244622529.png

When sending your email you can select this active list in the "do not send to" area:

AdamLPW_0-1621244428347.png

Sure there's funky stuff that can be done with Workflows for new subscribers... I am but a humble Starter user!

😄 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
rlopez
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Aamuman 🙂

I hope you are ok. I think you can do this following next steps:

1. Search @example.com on the contact database.
  2. Click the select all checkbox on the top left.
  3. Click on the "More" dropdown.
  4. Click the "Edit communication subscriptions" option.
  5. Select the subscription, opt-out radio button, etc... and save button.
  6. That's all 🙂

I don't know a way to opt out entire domains without editing all the contacts subscription.

Regards,

[ Si esta publicación te ha ayudado con tu problema ayuda a la comunidad marcándola como solución ]
[ If this response helped you, please mark it as a solution ]

Rafael López
Head of Marketing
Odontonet by Glintt

HubSpot Community Champion

linkedininstagram