Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

GGuy
Participant

DO NOT COMBINE CONTACTS UPON SUBMISSION WHATSOEVER.

SOLVE

Please ask the CEO and CPO of HubSpot for the following super complex and complicated future: (it's super long so please keep attention) Simple toggle button that simply does this: NEVER EVER FOREVER FOR ANY FORM (regardless HS-form or non-HS-form)  DO NOT COMBINE CONTACTS UPON SUBMISSION WHATSOEVER.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GGuy,

The email address is a unique identifier in HubSpot. No two contacts can exist with the same email address. Following this logic, HubSpot will always "combine" form submissions under the same email address. It is very unlikely that this logic will be changed. It's deeply embedded into the platform.

If it's common in your target group for multiple people to use the same email address, I'd recommend adding a note to your form about this. ("Please use a personal email address, not a shared email address to submit this form.")

If you're referring to contacts with different email addresses being combined from a form submission, there is a setting for this. In the Options tab of the form, select "Always create new contact..." at the bottom.

Best regards!

PS. No need for the cynicism and caps lock. Let's keep the tone of voice in this community friendly.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GGuy,

The email address is a unique identifier in HubSpot. No two contacts can exist with the same email address. Following this logic, HubSpot will always "combine" form submissions under the same email address. It is very unlikely that this logic will be changed. It's deeply embedded into the platform.

If it's common in your target group for multiple people to use the same email address, I'd recommend adding a note to your form about this. ("Please use a personal email address, not a shared email address to submit this form.")

If you're referring to contacts with different email addresses being combined from a form submission, there is a setting for this. In the Options tab of the form, select "Always create new contact..." at the bottom.

Best regards!

PS. No need for the cynicism and caps lock. Let's keep the tone of voice in this community friendly.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler you're a gem, my friend. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/