Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AnnaMbudo
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Build a custom object-based workflow, centered on a date property (Pet birthday)

Hi all,

I am looking for a solution to build a custom object-based workflow, centered on a date property, it is for a vet clinic and we want to send out pet birthday emails automatically, with a workflow. 😼 We have the pet-related information stored in a custom object, linked to a pet-owner (contact). A contact can have several pets.

Currently, it's not possible to build an object-based date property-centered workflow by default, so maybe somebody knows a work-around?

HubSpot support told me it could be an option to create several date properties for contact: Pet 1 birthday, Pet 2 birthday, etc. but it's not really an option for us because it will definitely get too complicated to maintain.

Thanks in advance!
P.S. we are using Mkt Enterprise.
Anna
3 Replies 3
kierana
Contributor

Build a custom object-based workflow, centered on a date property (Pet birthday)

Any news on this? It's a bit disappointing that this isn't possible.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kierana and @AnnaMbudo,

Just wanted to post a short update: while it is possible to create a custom object-based workflow (instructions here), the options to reference properties from multiple objects might be limited - that's why I wanted to bring Ideas Forum thread to your attention, where @PlyWood shares a workaround with programmable automation.

It would be great if you could upvote the idea and describe your use case in the comments to provide more context for our product team. Thank you!

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AnnaMbudo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

I wanted to tag a few subject matter experts: @Alex_@karstenkoehler@Dan1@Josh any tips or workarounds for custom object-based workflows you could share? 

Thank you! 

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings