Lead Capture Tools

MGalime
Participant

Workflow with Filled out Form Submission action followed by autorespond email

SOLVE

Hi Everyone-

I set up a workflow that collects people who have filled out a form, they get added to a list, tagged with a property, and an autorepond email with the information they signed up for gets sent.

Current stats from my landing page say there have been 206 form submissions, and current autorespond emails sent are 104. The workflow stats also say only 106 contacts have completed the workflow.

On the workflow, there are only 3 errors detected, and on the autorespond email, I see that there were only 2 bounces.

Is there a reason why 100 of the form submissions have not had an autoresponder sent?

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MGalime,

The first step would be to check whether HubSpot attempted to send the email but held it back. Can you navigate to the marketing email (Menu > Marketing > Email), then click into the Recipients tab.

karstenkoehler_2-1664281449463.png

Which number are you seeing under Not sent? If it's a large number, depending on the reasons you're seeing here, you would have to take corresponding actions. Feel free to share the reasons, happy to further troubleshoot. (With that large of a number, the issue usually has to do with missing subscription opt-ins.)

If it's a small number, then issue probably has to do with your workflow enrollment / suppression. In that case, I would recommend checking:

• Workflow goals (top left corner inside of the workflow editor), when a contact meets a goal before enrolling, they will not be enrolled.
  • Enrollment criteria themselves, are these potentially excluding some contacts?
  • In the tab Settings > Unenrollment and suppression, does the workflow have an exclusion list?

The issue is very likely in one of these two areas.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@MGalime I would start with what @karstenkoehler mentioned, marketing contact status. I set that at the form level, then also add it as insurance as the first step in the workflow.

danmoyle_0-1664283747329.png

There's the step. Then: 

danmoyle_1-1664283767980.png

Another thought: When you turned this workflow on, did you enroll everyone already in your CRM? 

danmoyle_2-1664283889532.png

If ytou said no to this question, anyone already in your database who meet the criteria would not be enrolled. I've seen that before. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

ADMiller18
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

One additional thought - once they fill out the form and you set them as a marketing contact, you can also add a delay of 1 minute if there are other workflows or processes that are triggered by the form submission. I would also check your email settings on the back end to ensure the "Don't send to Unengaged Contacts" toggle is off in case anyone has been quiet for a while before submitting the form. Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 4.48.07 PM.png

7 Replies 7
ADMiller18
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

One additional thought - once they fill out the form and you set them as a marketing contact, you can also add a delay of 1 minute if there are other workflows or processes that are triggered by the form submission. I would also check your email settings on the back end to ensure the "Don't send to Unengaged Contacts" toggle is off in case anyone has been quiet for a while before submitting the form. Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 4.48.07 PM.png

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@MGalime I would start with what @karstenkoehler mentioned, marketing contact status. I set that at the form level, then also add it as insurance as the first step in the workflow.

danmoyle_0-1664283747329.png

There's the step. Then: 

danmoyle_1-1664283767980.png

Another thought: When you turned this workflow on, did you enroll everyone already in your CRM? 

danmoyle_2-1664283889532.png

If ytou said no to this question, anyone already in your database who meet the criteria would not be enrolled. I've seen that before. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
MGalime
Participant

SOLVE

that's a good thought- I'll do double check that. Thank you!

MGalime
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the quick reply!
I think the issue might lie with new unique contacts. The contacts who are new to our HubSpot list are signing up, they get added to my list DW Contacts which houses marketing contacts, but does that automatically make them a marketing contact or do I need to add an extra step to the worflow?

The current workflow will not send an autorespond to any non marketing contact.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MGalime,

Can you please check the steps that I provided in my earlier post? This is the only way to be sure of what's happening.

Yes, non-marketing contact status might be the issue. In that case, you can add a step in your workflow before the email send to set the marketing contact status. Alternatively, you can do the same in the settings of the HubSpot form (options tab).

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
MGalime
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry- Should have mentioned, I did go through your steps, and nothing looked troubling. I did also see that we had 97 unique new contacts which is close to the of people who signed teh form, but did not receive an email.

I'll try adding a step in the workflow to set contact status and see if that works.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MGalime,

The first step would be to check whether HubSpot attempted to send the email but held it back. Can you navigate to the marketing email (Menu > Marketing > Email), then click into the Recipients tab.

karstenkoehler_2-1664281449463.png

Which number are you seeing under Not sent? If it's a large number, depending on the reasons you're seeing here, you would have to take corresponding actions. Feel free to share the reasons, happy to further troubleshoot. (With that large of a number, the issue usually has to do with missing subscription opt-ins.)

If it's a small number, then issue probably has to do with your workflow enrollment / suppression. In that case, I would recommend checking:

• Workflow goals (top left corner inside of the workflow editor), when a contact meets a goal before enrolling, they will not be enrolled.
  • Enrollment criteria themselves, are these potentially excluding some contacts?
  • In the tab Settings > Unenrollment and suppression, does the workflow have an exclusion list?

The issue is very likely in one of these two areas.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler