Lead Capture Tools

stbuckley89

Pre populating form

SOLVE

Hi 

I'm creating a form that will only be filled out by prospects in a certain country, as this is the only place the page will be advertised. 

As I know the member is from this country I want to remove the country field from the form, but have the country auto-applied to the users profile/data. 

Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

Pre populating form

SOLVE

Hey @stbuckley89,

Just so I'm clear, you've a form on a page that you know any submissions are going to be from contacts in country X. What you'd like to do is ensure that those who submit the form are marked as such?

If that is the case this is absolutely possible and quite simple to achieve. The first thing you could do is add the "Country/Region" property to the form, ensure it's a hidden form field and provide a default value. This will automatically be recorded against any contact who converts on the form. See the screenshot below:

country-form.png

Alternatively, you could setup a workflow that is triggered anytime the form is submitted and you set the "Country/Region" property with whatever value you like using the set property action. See screenshot below:

country-workflow.png

I'd probably recommend going with the first method as in my opinion it's the easiest to implement and has less moving parts.

All the best,

Jack

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

Pre populating form

SOLVE

Hey @stbuckley89,

Just so I'm clear, you've a form on a page that you know any submissions are going to be from contacts in country X. What you'd like to do is ensure that those who submit the form are marked as such?

If that is the case this is absolutely possible and quite simple to achieve. The first thing you could do is add the "Country/Region" property to the form, ensure it's a hidden form field and provide a default value. This will automatically be recorded against any contact who converts on the form. See the screenshot below:

country-form.png

Alternatively, you could setup a workflow that is triggered anytime the form is submitted and you set the "Country/Region" property with whatever value you like using the set property action. See screenshot below:

country-workflow.png

I'd probably recommend going with the first method as in my opinion it's the easiest to implement and has less moving parts.

All the best,

Jack