Lead Capture Tools

JDiaz22
Participant

CTA: How to edit embedded code

SOLVE

Hi All, i have a CTA embedded code wherein i want to record the user email who clicked it.

The CTA will show "Upgrade" (image 1) button but it cannot trigger the workflow as it only records the website wherein the embedded code has been used (image 2)

image 1:

JDiaz22_1-1664010074938.png

image 2:

JDiaz22_0-1664010060305.png

i wonder if its possible by eddting the embedded code or editting the CTA itself, or its not a supported feature.

my CTA looks like this:

JDiaz22_2-1664010213879.pngJDiaz22_3-1664010224288.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JDiaz22,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

It is possible to trigger a contact-based workflow based on a CTA click (on any page or a specific page) or a CTA view (on any page or a specific page) and then choose a workflow action such as "Add Contact to a Static List" or "Send a Marketing Email" for those contacts who clicked on the CTA for example. 

You mentioned that you would like to capture the email addresses of those contacts who clicked on the CTA, correct? 

Have you considered using the CTA filter in the lists tool? You could create a list using this filter to keep track of the contacts who click on the CTA on any webpage or a specific webpage. You'll want to ensure the tracking code is installed on the webpage to track the contacts who click on it. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 1.54.35 PM.png

Is this what you are referring to, @JDiaz22? If not, can you please include additional information on the workflow you are trying to build and if you're trying to capture the names of contacts who have been cookied and/or website visitors? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JDiaz22,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

It is possible to trigger a contact-based workflow based on a CTA click (on any page or a specific page) or a CTA view (on any page or a specific page) and then choose a workflow action such as "Add Contact to a Static List" or "Send a Marketing Email" for those contacts who clicked on the CTA for example. 

You mentioned that you would like to capture the email addresses of those contacts who clicked on the CTA, correct? 

Have you considered using the CTA filter in the lists tool? You could create a list using this filter to keep track of the contacts who click on the CTA on any webpage or a specific webpage. You'll want to ensure the tracking code is installed on the webpage to track the contacts who click on it. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 1.54.35 PM.png

Is this what you are referring to, @JDiaz22? If not, can you please include additional information on the workflow you are trying to build and if you're trying to capture the names of contacts who have been cookied and/or website visitors? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
JDiaz22
Participant

SOLVE

thank you @kvlschaefer , it seems the tracking code is the one i needed. will be testing this one.