Lead Capture Tools

markjnor
Participant

Bulk blocking email domains from forms

SOLVE

Hi there 

Super quick question - does anyone know if there is a way in HubSpot for us to bulk block an email domain from submitting forms? 

I know there is a way to block domains from individual forms, but surely this is a way to multi select the forms and do it in bulk?

Thanks!

Mark

2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @markjnor 

Funnily enough this has never been possible at the portal level, only at the individual form level. Its a useful idea though. I recommend you check the ideas forum to see if it has already been suggested or not. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Normally, HubSpot email domain-blocking functionality occurs at the form level. However, we successfully deploy a single 'Screen <select> Email Domains' workflow on portals where the impact to reporting isn't a concern.

The result is a single point of triage for undesirable email domains associated with contacts who can be flagged for deletion either immediately or at a more appropriate time -- i.e., generally within 7-10 days.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Workflow: Screen Free Email AddressesHubSpot Contact Workflow: Screen Free Email Addresses

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
DouglasW
Contributor

SOLVE

This feature should absolutely be implemented. The default list of "free domains" is not terrible, but there are still several domains and their variations missing. Having to update every single form individually with a custom list is cumbersome. There should be a universal block list at the Account level.

RKallok
Participant

SOLVE

I was just looking to see if this was possible, I have one person who might be a competitor using a weird email and we have 100+ forms. Would love to just bulk block that domain. 

CVera
Participant

SOLVE

I'd also love this capability. We have someone spamming our forms. And when I block them on a few of the most important forms they move on to a new set. 🤦‍We have a lot of forms so I'd like to avoid having to use a workflow and add the new variations that need blocking at a portal level. 

annieseattle
Contributor

SOLVE

We REALLY would benefit from this.  We have long sales cycles (many different forms for a lot of proprietary content that needs to be gated) vs. mostly blog-type content.  Our goal with the email domains to block on form is primarily competitive.  We have a very competitive playing field in which first mover advantage is key, so we need to prevent our competitors from seeing our gated content using blocked email domains on forms.  

MFrankJohnson's solution works for the part about leads not clogging up reporting or sales' queues, but it doesn't solve the issue of blocking folks from even entering the form.  We also employ a triage workflow to separate leads from other inquiries, etc., which works well for this purpose.

It would be great to have one place to store a mass/global email domains to block on all forms that you could select/have it be defaulted to on all forms unless you override them on individual forms.    Please add this!  Thanks!

KristinEast
Participant

SOLVE
robiewr87
Participant

SOLVE

You would think there  would be a way to block a domain globally on all forms, can't believe there isn't.

0 Upvotes
MyraB
Participant

SOLVE

From my understanding, no. I asked a similar question to HubSpot chat today. 

I am constantly adding domains to the "email domains to block" on forms. We have around 8 forms though that we don't want these blocked domains to complete, so it's very manual to copy and paste each time. I asked if there is a way I can somehow include a list instead of adding each domain to each form separately - or choosing multiple forms at and mass updating. I was told no, there is no way to do this currently. Would be really helpful though!! It's very easy for contacts to slip through the cracks this way. 

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Normally, HubSpot email domain-blocking functionality occurs at the form level. However, we successfully deploy a single 'Screen <select> Email Domains' workflow on portals where the impact to reporting isn't a concern.

The result is a single point of triage for undesirable email domains associated with contacts who can be flagged for deletion either immediately or at a more appropriate time -- i.e., generally within 7-10 days.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Workflow: Screen Free Email AddressesHubSpot Contact Workflow: Screen Free Email Addresses

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
KristinEast
Participant

SOLVE

This doesn't seem to disallow them from coming back and filling out forms though? Right?

MyraB
Participant

SOLVE

That workflow is not stopping people from filling out the form...

There may be a work around, but from my understanding - unless the email domain is noted in the "email domains to block" form field, people can still get through and fill out forms. At the end of the day, these domains need to be manually added to each form. Which isn't ideal. 

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @markjnor 

Funnily enough this has never been possible at the portal level, only at the individual form level. Its a useful idea though. I recommend you check the ideas forum to see if it has already been suggested or not. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
sparam
Participant

SOLVE

This should be done with competitor lists, so different forms can have different competitor list. Very handy if you have to manage multiple market units in one HubSpot portal.