Knowledge Base Tool

arturlunardi
Participant

Segments value per service/contact

SOLVE

Hello, we are setting up hubspot services for maintenance services and we are strugling on some things.

Example case:

A tenant request a maintenance. In the visit, the workers realize that it will require hidraulic and electric services. The hidraulic will cost 200 and the electric 300 and each one does a specific service. So, there is a different worker and value for each service, but all in the same ticket.

We thought on creating custom association labels like Hidraulic and Electrical Worker to differentiate them, but there is some problems like:

How do we set different values for each work and link them to the worker?

What if a worker do more than 1 type of service, like hidraulic and electrical, and another will fix the roof, we can't associate a contact 2 times on the same ticket to get the label association of two services.

Another solution would be creating a specific ticket for a specific service, like a ticket for hidraulic and another ticket for electric, but we can't associate ticket -> ticket, and I guess that would become a mess, inflating the number of tickets.

This is important to create custom reports to know how many tickets would be open and the costs of the maintenances based on workers/type of service.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
arturlunardi
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JPanama , thanks for the reply!

Actually I did consider that, but there a few problems with this solution.
- For metrics like ROI and ROAS the won deals would biase my reports since we don't actually win nothing for these services.

- I still wouldn't be able to link a specific service to a specific service provider. Like, Mike did the Electric and Joe did the Hydraulics. How many services each one did in the past 30 days grouped by type of service?

In fact, I already found a solution to this problem. I created a custom field named Work Order Number for tickets. One Work Order Number may have multiples tickets (acting as services), but each ticket have only one service provider, one type of service and one Work Order Number.

In that way, I can create custom reports controlling for distinct Work Order Numbers if I want to know the quantity and grouping to know the mean value of each one.

I appreciate your help and your time. Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JPanama
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @arturlunardi, thanks for getting in touch! 

I understand the issue you're having, and thought this workaround might suit you. Would you consider using Deals alongside Products/Line Items with your Tickets? I can see it working something like this: 

• A Ticket is created when a Tenant requests maintenance. 
  • Each Ticket is then associated with a Deal. 
  • Under each Deal you can add specific Line Items that correspond to the services that are provided. e.g 1 x Hydraulics, 1 x Electric Services etc. 
  • This way you can include all of the services rendered in completion of a ticket, and have separate pricing  and reporting for each.

Line Items are related to Products. You can add all of the services your company provides as Products in your Product Library. Then whenever one of those services is requested in a Ticket, each instance of a product become a Line Item when you attach it to a Deal. We have a great article on this here

This should give you much more flexibility. Let me know what you think. 

Best, 
Joe

0 Upvotes
arturlunardi
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JPanama , thanks for the reply!

Actually I did consider that, but there a few problems with this solution.
- For metrics like ROI and ROAS the won deals would biase my reports since we don't actually win nothing for these services.

- I still wouldn't be able to link a specific service to a specific service provider. Like, Mike did the Electric and Joe did the Hydraulics. How many services each one did in the past 30 days grouped by type of service?

In fact, I already found a solution to this problem. I created a custom field named Work Order Number for tickets. One Work Order Number may have multiples tickets (acting as services), but each ticket have only one service provider, one type of service and one Work Order Number.

In that way, I can create custom reports controlling for distinct Work Order Numbers if I want to know the quantity and grouping to know the mean value of each one.

I appreciate your help and your time. Thank you very much.

JPanama
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @arturlunardi that's a brilliant solution glad to here it's working out for you. 

Best, 
Joe

0 Upvotes