Inbound Sales

ParasM
Participant

Which sales method work for you always?

Cold email outreach, or Cold Social media outreach?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
SBriggs4

"Always" as in what method is 100% effective in getting a response? There isn't one, but the most effective method I am aware of is getting a current happy client to make a warm introduction to a target customer that they know personally or from working together in the past. I would say this is successful for me 90% or more of the time. 

RRobinson5
Participant

Because I'm doing real estate social media outreach is a better method  for me to use,cause I have acquired most for my clients internationally .

klloyd__1
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer 

Hi @ParasM,

I prefer to do outreach over social media if it's my first attempt at contacting them.  Since people are easy to find on social media, it's clear how I found them.  If I am emailing as my first outreach, they may wonder how it is I got their email address, which may not be as publicly available as their social media profiles.

I've seen other HubSpot users take the opposite approach since it comes down to understanding the person you're reaching out to, their industry, and standard outreach methods.  For example, if your sector often convenes at trade shows, and participants supply their email addresses, they may be accustomed to receiving a follow-up email post-event.

Ultimately, if you feel more comfortable with one method, you're probably right 😉!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ParasM,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to invite our Inbound Sales Study Group members to this conversation.

Hi @MuseDebbie@klloyd__1@GWestley@RRobinson5@WafaBenHassen@jori@Roynal - Which method do you find more effective: Cold email outreach or social media outreach? Do you rely on one outreach method or multiple methods?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
MuseDebbie
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer 👍

Hi @ParasM,

Interesting question.

It depends on what works or is most convinient for the individual client/prospect.

You could have buyer personas that estimate what kind of outreach a particular type of prospect/client may engage with best

but I like to also be upfront and ask prospects/clients early on when we connect.

Som people like written emails, some like video emails and others like social media DMs, phone calls and the list goes on.

A great salesperson knows how to use multiple channels and selects the channel that resonates best for each individual prospect/client to personalize their experience, therefore reducing communication friction that may affect the engagement negatively.

Hope this helps.