Humans of HubSpot

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Humans of HubSpot: Nicole Sengers

Hey Community, 

This week we want to spotlight Nicole Sengers, you may know her as @NicoleSengers in the Community.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 14.36.44.png

Nicole shared how she started using HubSpot and what she does for work. Discover what she does in her free time and with whom she would like to have dinner.

Tell us about yourself

I am a long-time HubSpot user. I started as a customer, on the client-side of an agency, working for a group of companies who used HubSpot and it was love almost instantly. It was so easy to use the tools, great functionality and so much to learn - and that was 7 years ago - look how HubSpot has expanded and improved over time! I then experienced some business changes and the business moved to an alternative marketing automation software so when the time came and I saw an opportunity to work at a HubSpot agency I jumped at it. And that started 5 years on the agency side working across Hubs, across industries and learning a lot!. I am based in South Africa working remotely for Six & Flow and while my background is in science and teaching I feel like. learning is not wasted - I am a HubSpot trainer who is passionate about teaching people how to get the most out of their tech stack and I have worked on some cool medical and bioscience clients where I combined my love of biosciences and my life of marketing. Yes COVID was a great place to add some science knowledge to these campaigns.

How did you start using HubSpot? Was it in your current role, or a different role?

Think I answered this above but ultimately started working across 4 brands in a marketing Enterprise account before sales hub was around and then really got stuck into HubSpot when I moved to an agency in 2016 - where we grew from Silver to Diamond in my time there.

Tell us a little bit about your company and your position.

I work at Six & Flow, Elite HubSpot agency as Head of Delivery. i moved to the business recently and am excited to see the business grow and expand. I especially love the core value we have of playfulness - not really about being cheeky or not taking things seriously - but rather a value that focusses on trying things, being willing to test, try, experiment and break things - all in the name of learning, growing and expanding our thinking.

What do you do for fun outside of work?

I love my cats and have started a TikTok account for one of my cats so I can share videos of him doing cute things without forcing them on family and friends. I am an avid reader and enjoy a good mystery novel or even a good mystery tv series - the forensics and the science interests me as well - so I love shows like House, Bones, or NCIS. I am finishing a degree in biochemistry and microbiology in 2022 as I was fascinated by these subjects when I did intro courses to these at university - so that's a part-time/distance learning course that has taken me a couple of years.

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world. (past or present), who would it be and why?

I would love to have dinner with my grandparents. I didn't get to know any of them as they passed away before I was born. I would love to learn more about them and really get to know more about my parents growing up.

Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with us @NicoleSengers! Please share your cat's account, I'd love to see him in action!! 😍😂 

I find it really interesting you are studying biochemistry and microbiology, totally different from what you are working on at the moment! I'd say it is pretty hard-working full-time and studying at the same time! Props to you! 👏

Do you want to keep in touch with Nicole? Connect with her on LinkedIn

Stay tuned for our next Humans of HubSpot post for next week!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

3 Replies 3
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

@jennysowyrda @sharonlicari  here is one of my favourite videos of Bodhi, https://www.tiktok.com/@bodhi_brat/video/7012911824827993345 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

😍 what a cutie!! 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @NicoleSengers! It's great to hear that playfulness is one of your company's values - having the ability to not take life so seriously is something we can all keep in mind! And to @sharonlicari's point, we need to see this tiktok account! 😄