HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Share your favorite form examples!

Without forms, marketers would have a tough time obtaining information on potential customers and tracking data regarding purchases, customer feedback, new leads, and survey responses. In a highly digital world, it’s hard to think of a successful business that doesn’t have at least one web form on its site.

Here’s an example of one of my favorite forms in the wild: Grubhub.

Grubhub uses a pop-up sign-up form, which eliminates distractions by darkening the background to bring the form into focus. Leads are asked for just three pieces of information that they can either fill out manually or automatically using their Facebook or Google account.

The key takeaway? Grubhub knows how to create an efficient and easy experience for its visitors.

What businesses do you think do a great job at getting visitors to sign up or Live their forms? What best practices do they employ? Share your experiences below!

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Forms in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

454 Replies 454
KepheraWesley

Amazon forms are my favorite.

0 Upvotes
PRenteria

Google forms

0 Upvotes
Ifeanyi
Participant

Amazon forms are great

0 Upvotes
rmalhotra7

Sunbum's webform.

0 Upvotes
AWilliams918

Netlfix. 

0 Upvotes
DBrown29
Participant

my favorite form is google forms

0 Upvotes
YWang62
Participant

My favorite is Google form.

0 Upvotes
Catalinab09

I like the order forms because they do not look like a form as such but are part of the purchasing experience.

QRYe

Google Form

0 Upvotes
SEscolero
Contributor

1. Mailchimp Sign-Up Form - uses humor and a friendly tone in its form design, making the process more enjoyable. The form is also clear about the benefits of signing up, providing users with a reason to complete it.
  2. Google Forms  highly versatile and user-friendly, allowing for the creation of surveys, quizzes, and feedback forms with ease. Its simplicity in design and functionality makes it a go-to tool for many.
NHeydari
Participant

my fav forms are pop up forms

0 Upvotes
Tems
Participant

An example of a beauty store that effectively utilizes forms is Sephora. Sephora's sign-up form is aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly, with visually appealing imagery and simple design. Users can register quickly using their email or social media accounts.

0 Upvotes
Kkaur89

There are many businesses that excel at creating effective and engaging forms to encourage visitor sign-ups or conversions. Here are a few examples along with some best practices they employ:

1. Airbnb:

• Best Practices:
    • Simplified Form Fields: Airbnb's sign-up form asks for minimal information initially, such as name, email, and password. This reduces friction and encourages quick completion.
    • Social Media Integration: Users have the option to sign up with their Facebook or Google account, streamlining the process for those who prefer not to fill out a long form.
    • Clear Call-to-Action: The "Sign up" button is prominent and stands out, making it easy for users to take the next step.

2. Dropbox:

• Best Practices:
    • Progressive Profiling: Dropbox uses a multi-step form that gradually collects more information from users as they proceed. This prevents overwhelming users with a lengthy form at the outset.
    • Visual Appeal: The form design is clean, simple, and visually appealing. It is easy to navigate and provides a pleasant user experience.
    • Incentives: Dropbox offers an incentive, such as additional free storage, to users who complete the sign-up process, motivating action.

3. HubSpot:

• Best Practices:
    • Personalization: HubSpot's forms often use dynamic fields to personalize the experience for users. For example, they may greet users by name if they have previously visited the site.
    • Conditional Logic: Forms adjust dynamically based on user inputs. This ensures that users only see relevant questions, reducing form abandonment.
    • Progressive Profiling: HubSpot also employs progressive profiling to gather more information from users over time, building a comprehensive profile without overwhelming them.

4. Netflix:

• Best Practices:
    • Step-by-Step Progress: When signing up for a Netflix account, users are guided through a step-by-step process with clear progress indicators. This helps users understand how much is left and reduces abandonment.
    • Minimalistic Design: Netflix keeps its sign-up form clean and minimal, focusing on essential fields such as email, password, and payment information.
    • Streamlined Navigation: Users can easily navigate between steps and correct any errors without losing their progress, making the process seamless.

5. Amazon:

• Best Practices:
    • Autofill and Suggestions: Amazon's sign-up and checkout forms often use autofill features to suggest addresses, credit cards, and other information, saving users time.
    • Guest Checkout Option: For quick purchases, Amazon offers a guest checkout option, allowing users to complete a purchase without creating an account.
    • Clear Privacy Policy: Amazon includes links to its privacy policy and terms of service, providing transparency and building trust with users.

Common Best Practices Employed by These Businesses:

• Minimal Form Fields: Asking for only essential information reduces friction and increases the likelihood of completion.
  • Clear Call-to-Action: Prominent and compelling CTAs guide users to take the desired action.
  • Mobile Responsiveness: Ensuring forms are optimized for mobile devices, considering the growing number of users accessing websites via smartphones and tablets.
  • Progress Indicators: For multi-step forms, showing users where they are in the process helps manage expectations and reduce abandonment.
  • Social Media Integration: Allowing users to sign up or log in using their social media accounts simplifies the process and improves user experience.
  • Incentives or Benefits: Offering something valuable in return, such as discounts, freebies, or exclusive access, encourages users to complete the form.
PCorcoran
Contributor

I really like Starbucks approach. It's straight forward for the user and is designed to be used quickly.

0 Upvotes
HSoto7

Amazon always has great forms...clear, concise, and engaging.

0 Upvotes
CLobo1
Contributor

While there are many examples depending on the type and intent of the web form, there's one that I found particuarly interesting and creative. SunBasket - https://sunbasket.com/try/90off-sunbasket/

This form was part of a free trial campaign encouraging users to sign up wtih a pre-generated discount code. The visuals of food items on the menu and more information at the bottom of the page made it more compelling as compared to text (remember visuals can speak a 1000 words which is still true).

The unque experience I found based on their study was that if a visitor does not consider signing up or providing thier information within 6-7 seconds of staying on the page, then there's a pop up letting them only enter thier email for now, while they can take a pause and decide if they should proceed to take advantage of the offer. This is a very good and well thought best practise keeping the user experience and comfort level in mind.

0 Upvotes
ShirshaB
Participant

Docusign form is easy & simple esp for a free trial. 

0 Upvotes
CWhittington

My favorite example of a form is Howler Brothers. Simple and instant access to the content I want. 

0 Upvotes
RKhoroshev4

STARBUCKS without a doubt 

0 Upvotes
MehmetSagiroglu

Amazon

0 Upvotes