HubSpot Marketing

JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

CTA Copywriting Tips

As a marketer, CTAs are relevant because they encourage your audience to take action on a marketing campaign.

Below are a few examples of the types of CTAs you might use in marketing materials:

• Try for free. Nearly every company website has a free trial offer today. Each of them are CTAs of this variety, and they allow people to demo a product before deciding if it's worth the cost to them.
  • Learn more. Sometimes, all you want is to give your potential customers a little more information so they're prepared to buy something. That's what this CTA is for.
  • Join us. Do you manage an online community? Is your product built on collaboration between users? You might find yourself placing "join us" CTA somewhere on your website.

What are your favorite phrases to use when pointing to different products or content offers?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating Calls-to-Action in HubSpot lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

529 Replies 529
JohnAceti
Member | Platinum Partner

CTA Copywriting Tips

I really enjoy CTAs that make sense with the offer itself, which sounds simple but it's surprising to see how many generic/bad fit CTAs there are. If I'm downloading something, imply with the CTA that I'm taking something away with me (ex. Get your copy now, Take this sheet with you, etc.)

MariaN3
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

Start your free Demo

0 Upvotes
ImmaSalmerón
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

Why does CTA copy sound / read so much better in English language? Most of our CTAs are in Spanish and their translated version just doesnt´t seem to have the same effect. "Learn more", for example, would translate as "Aprende más" and it´s just not the same. What do other users from countries where English is not their first language think? Should we all use CTAs in English?

StefaniaVanni

CTA Copywriting Tips

Hi @ImmaSalmerón !

I'm italian and fortunately some CTAs have a great effect as "Scopri di più" or "Scarica ora" but sometimes I need some english word such as "Download". I think that we are more used to read them in english so we think that they work or sound better. In my opionion smetimes you can use english too 🙂

SKjolby
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

see why

0 Upvotes
vanessaELabs
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

Sign me up. Get it today/now.

Check your favorite websites where you actually download something what they use.

0 Upvotes
AmirahZMJ

CTA Copywriting Tips

find out more is one i often use

0 Upvotes
KJohnson10

CTA Copywriting Tips

thsi is great

0 Upvotes
KJohnson10

CTA Copywriting Tips

great!

0 Upvotes
Alopez7721
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

CTA Copywriting Tips

Get started!

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMember
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

"Claim offer now!" 

"Sign up for free today"

0 Upvotes
Mohammad-Naias
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

Get Free Consultation

0 Upvotes
MPassey
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

CTA Copywriting Tips

Have you tested Get your free demo to get your free consultation.  I am considering the two right now and would love to know why one vs. the other if you have info behind it.  If it is just what you prefer.  I get that too!

0 Upvotes
AprilDMiller

CTA Copywriting Tips

"Save My Seat" when we are advertising an event or conference. 

LHill1
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

CTA Copywriting Tips

I like "Yes, sign me up" because it's personalized, and it shows action!

0 Upvotes
beckm
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

"Speak to an advisor today"

0 Upvotes
dherron
Participant

CTA Copywriting Tips

Depends on our audience and where they are in their buying cycle. For government agencies looking to purchase upgraded technology solutions before their 4th quarter, a "Request Quote Now" CTA works well. For buyers just starting the Market Research phase, "Download Our Whitepaper" or "Register For Webinar" works well.

KLi5

CTA Copywriting Tips

Get Free XXX (product name)

0 Upvotes
TGarcia

CTA Copywriting Tips

great advice

0 Upvotes
CHall3

CTA Copywriting Tips

get the free guide now

0 Upvotes