HubSpot Ideas

HBevan9

post codes

Add a post code doesn't start with option to the workflow options so that single letter post codes, like E, doesn't impact post codes that start with EH or EF. 

For example, I want to send an email to contacts who are post codes that begin with E but not to contacts who are in post codes that begin with EH. In the current set up, EH contacts would also get the emails for E. 

3 Replies
FHacking
Participant

I am also looking for similar solutions around Postcodes. 

To get around this I have attempted to create my own manual regions. I am UK based therefore have created North, North West, Midlands, South West/East etc. 

I have created extensive workflows to assign regions to contacts/companies depending on what is included in their Postal Code although there are gaps to what is possible therefore I have been left with inaccurate data. The single Letters are the cause of the issues. N, E, S, W and then any post pode that includes these in them. 

The purpose here would have meant I could run a search for all those in 'North' and email that list directly. 

If anyone has any better solution, please let us know.

HBevan9

Hi @FHacking 

I got around the issue by using numbers for the single letters.

So, I chose "starts with" and then would put "E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9" and this stopped post codes that started with "E" in the other territories being included. This way, the single letter postcodes we're included in the territory they we're needed in. 

I hope this helps. 

FHacking
Participant

Hi Bevan,

That's great thank you. Very helpful. I have incorporated this and am waiting to see the results. 

Thanks

Fred