HubSpot Ideas

suzdashanne

Using content staging to create and test translated webpages before going live

Currently, I can't use Content Staging to create and test translated website pages. I just have to take my chances on launching them on my live site. With 275 new pages all going live at once, this is problematic. Please add the ability to use Content Staging to create and test page translations.

30 Replies
Giuseppe
Contributor

I fully agree. It is crucial to add that feature

sebastianulbert
Contributor

Absolutely agree. We are in the middle of a redesign and the translations functions is crucial for that.

cmathieu
Participant | Elite Partner

Yes this creates a fairly major workflow issue for customers who have already have a live site on HubSpot and are designing a new site that will have page translations. Especially enterprise sites with hundreds of pages...

JimB_Huble
Contributor | Elite Partner

This is a really important feature for being able to manage a redesign of a multi-language site. Say we only had capacity and resources to work on the French translated pages but the Master pages are in English. Without being able to load these French pages into the staging tool, we'd essentially have to work in the main CMS and make sure no-one hits the publish button until the redesign is complete (which could be weeks or even months!). This also means no-one can update any copy on the pages during this redesign period, which impacts time-sensitive pages like events pages.

DaveB2BML

This would be very useful! We always have trouble when migrating multi-language websites . Please make this happen

JimB_Huble

Having looked at it in more depth today it seems that this feature is now enabled. Smiley Very Happy

Giuseppe
Contributor

Hello @JimB_Huble ,

I have tried again but I can't see how this is now possible. Would you be so kind to let me know how you do it?

Thanks a lot

Giuseppe

JimB_Huble

Apologies, @Giuseppe. I mispoke. 

I was referring to it now being possible to MOVE translation pages into staging. i.e. the translated page already exists. 

I realise now that you want to create new translations from within the staging tool so you can thoroughly test them before making live. You're right, we've also not been able to find a way to do this. 

SvetSli
Participant

Yes - please make this happen. Just went through this and learned that instead of replacing the translated pages, HS created new ones. It has caused us a lot of headaches on the back end and have led to visitors viewing the wrong versions of the site. 

anders_grove

+1

Crucial requirement, one of our clients are extremly dependant on the sandbox environment. They have 9 different languages and 250+ pages that all have to be combined into translated variations. We need this to stage these changes before anything can go live.

arinker
Top Contributor | Partner

A must have for every international business!

Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hello, I'm a product manager on the CMS team. I'm interested in learning more about how we might improve the Content Staging tool - I'm especially curious to hear about the processes which some of you have alluded to around managing your multi-language content. If you're open to sharing your thoughts and experiences, please book a time to speak with me!

steviecald

Has there been any movement on this issue? I am migrating our current website into HubSpot and this is *crucial* for our needs.

lpleva
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you, as always, for your continued feedback! It helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value as possible to our customers. 

The request to use Content Staging to create and test translated website pages makes a lot of sense. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility against other priorities on our roadmap. At this time, I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thank you for the comments and votes on this post. We’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

Best,

Lukas

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to know if staging the pages in 4 languages will active as multi-language when the staging site goes live.  

Example in staging

home(en)

home(fr)

=

www.domain.com/en/pagetitle 

www.domain.com/fr/pagetitle will be recognized as multilanguage?  or simply 2 pages with unique URLs?

lpleva
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Anonymous - currently, when you publish a page through Content Staging, we preserve the original language of the page, but not the multilanguage group that it was originally part of. That said, after you publish the page, you can manually re-group the pages. We're actively looking into how to improve this experience. If you currently use Content Staging and would be open to a 15-minute chat about how you use it, where it's working well, and where you wish it worked better, please send me a direct message. I'd love to chat! 

StephStunt

Any updates on this feature? 

We are also in the situation where we want to start rebuilding our public website. We are a bilangual organization and need hundreds and hundreds of pages in both French and Dutch. 

Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @StephStunt,

We have long-term plans to improve the Content Staging tool, but I'm sorry to say it won't happen soon. Right now, our teams are focused on finishing multi-language blog, multi-language knowledge base, and making some other improvements to the content management features in HubSpot. 

For now, you will need to stage your pages, redesign them, publish them, then re-group them. I apologize for the inconvenience 😞You may want to consider doing this is parts, rather than all at once. The difference between the two pages, grouped vs ungrouped, will be that when they're not grouped they won't have a language switcher to take you between them, and they won't have the hreflang alternate tags. As soon as they're grouped again, both of those things will be restored. 

If you'd like to talk more, please let me know. I'd be happy to get on a call with you and answer any other questions related to this process that might be helpful to you!

- Snaedis 

elraaxho
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1 really need this feature. 

AminWejebe
Participant

+1 For this feature too