HubSpot Ideas

StaceyM

User specific time zones

I work in a team spread across 4 different time zones. It would be helpful if each of us could have our local time zone associated with our HS profile and that would carry through when I'm scheduling activities or assigning tasks.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
May 01, 2020 05:39 AM

168 Replies
DSchouten

can't believe this is only under review. It has been 2 years now. 

MCharlanes

@glencornell any news or information about this feature? Thanks 🙂

Plask

This is needed for sure.

RJSarich

I 100% agree. This would be a game changer. Please add this feature. 

azlb

My organization has salespeople nationwide. This feature is not a luxury it's missing.

mbinmasoud
Contributor

We have 50 customer service reps that work nationwide but are split between the three main timezones. We're running into major problems trying to coordinate ticket assignments based on their time zones. This straightforward ask requires a lot of work today. Here's the painful workaround.

1. Split the two main CSR teams into six (Group 1 ET, Group 1 CT, Group 2 ET, etc.)
  2. Stop using the auto ticket assignment option from the inbox's channel settings
  3. Create several workflows with mutually exclusive execution times. Example:
    • Between 7 am - 8 am CT: enroll new tickets and assign them to the two ET groups
    • Between 8 am - 10 am CT: enroll new tickets and assign them to the two ET groups and two CT groups
    • Between 10 am - 4 pm CT: enroll new tickets and assign them to all groups
    • Between 4 pm - 5 pm CT: enroll new tickets and assign them to the two CT groups and two PT groups
    • Between 5 pm - 7 pm CT: enroll new tickets and assign them to the two PT groups

Y'all, this is a lot, and a pain to maintain. If the org decides to add a layer of complexity to the system, it will take 5x the time to implement. Worse yet, if we move forward with this split, then we'll have to update numerous chatflows to incorporate the new teams. I'm starting to hyperventilate. 

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Adding my thoughts in too, would be great if this user-specific timezone extends to reports too. For companies that handle customers from various countries, date-based reports are fixed to the account default timezone which makes it hard to seperate data. Having a user-specific timezone would help show the right report depending for the respective country

CBell40
Participant

Seriously, how is this not a thing?  Companies sprawl all over the world and we move through timezones routinely. The display of HS time based events should adapt to local time to assist the user.

TCatton2070

Please add this feature to allow each user the ability to change their timezone.    It doesn't make sense for HubSpot to allow a user to sync their calendar and yet their timezone is off by several hours especially when we encourage our users to use HubSpot as their primary app.   It is very confusing to the user.

KPak
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey @glencornell how did the product review for this feature go? Hoping to get an update on where this got to. Thanks

TCatton2070
I haven't heard anything. As far as I know, nothing has changed.
GCoombe

Any update on this. We've all been asking this for over a year

JHZ

It's absolutely astonishing that there is no capability for users to set their own time zones and they have to use the time zone of their head office. What year is this, 2005?

AHallman

Any updates on this? We have sales team members across the U.S. and it is a hassle for them to not be able to set their own timezone.

RLong8
HubSpot Employee

+1

RHimsl
Participant

This would be massively helpful

TThomas87

@glencornell any updates? Looks like this has been under review for almost 2.5 yrs. We spend a decent chunk of change with you guys. Love the platform but this is creating scheduling issues with some of our team and if we can't rectify it we'll have to consider other options. 

CCharaba

Adding my support. I recently moved to a different time zone than my organization, and I'd love to be able to change the time zone to PST.

Willirob
Participant | Diamond Partner

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssse! I beg you to do this. For real though.

terrific
Member | Partner

Must have for "Enterprise" tier, and probably necessary for all accounts these days where dispersed teams are becoming the norm.