HubSpot Ideas

Hal

Time in Deal Stage

Really need a report that shows a list of Deals in the Pipeline and how long each individual deal has spent in it's current stage. I can't believe other users aren't clamoring for this... very inportant!!

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
February 02, 2024 06:05 PM

👋 Hi everyone, I'm Jeannie, the product manager for Pipelines.

My team and I are working on making Deal stage calculated properties available, so they can be used in reporting and workflows. These will be similar to the Contact lifecycle stage calculated properties that we released last year. I will post more details as we get further into development. 

Thank you all for sharing your feedback with us!

Not Currently Planned
May 12, 2021 07:18 AM

May 12, 2021 07:18 AM

Hi,

I'm one of the Product Manager for HubSpot's reporting tool. Thank you all for leaving your feedback on this thread. We're still working on a solution to expose this data for deals and other HubSpot properties/objects. At this moment, we do not have a roadmapped solution. This thread will stay open, so please feel free to leave feedback.

Best,
Stephen.

154 Replies
lpodolsky
Participant

Ridiculous!

FosterVA
I agree this is the most basic counting anyone could ask for.

Thanks for your support.

Richard
lpodolsky
Participant

Just trying to continue to raise this as an issue. I am likely going to migrate back to Salesforce because of this issue alone...and a few others. Hubspot developers, please take note!!!

calavanderwesth

Agreed, this and other limitations that are standard to Salesforce will force me to do the same.

CHampton03
We have found a way to do this. There is a workaround solution in the feed.
annieg241
Contributor
What is it?
RyanAbilar
Participant

We need this now. Please consider the 300 votes guys! 

nickbudjml
Participant

Yep, +1 on this.

= Today() - Date Entered Stage.

I was told by support today that it's only available for looking back after exiting a stage.

So let's tack this bad-boy on 🙂 

hannahmunro

Cannot believe this isnt standard for both deals and tickets. 

DMessmer1

100% agree that this is necessary. 

Here is a workaround that I have used for quite some time.

1. Create a property for "Todays Date" and update it daily via workflow.
    1. Create "Scheduled" workflow that triggers at 12:30am daily.

DMessmer1_1-1667497413195.png

2. Set it date stamp "Todays Date" at the time of the step.

DMessmer1_0-1667497657120.png

2. Create a multiple time stamp properties for "Date Entered {stage name}" stage.
    1. Create one property for each stage called "Date Entered {stage name}"

DMessmer1_1-1667497983633.png

2. Time stamp "Date Entered {stage name}" property when a deal enters the {stage name} stage.

DMessmer1_0-1667497879656.png

3. Create a Calculation property for each stage that calculates the time between "Date Entered {stage name}" and "Todays Date".

DMessmer1_2-1667498196241.png

1. Set the calculation condition as Deal Stage = {Deal Stage Name}.
    2. The calculation will function and count the days whil the deal is in that stage.  
    3. Once it leaves that stage the condition is no longer true, therefore HubSpot will no longer calculate the value.
    4. However, now the Time is Stage report will pick up and calculate the total time in the stage becaues it now has a starting value and an ending value.
annieg241
Contributor
Do you have a photo of how you did this for your workflow?
IamHubSpotter
Participant

What would be useful is to see the time spentin deal stage as a property on the deal card. When looking at the deals board, it would be good at a glance to see these for each individual deal and then be able to filter deals that have sat in any stage longer than a certain period of time.

IamHubSpotter
Participant

upvoting... helpful feature.
A simple time value on the deal card that is an extractable value when exporting the data would also work for now.

thechiefgood
Member | Platinum Partner

Hi. It's 2023...has there been any progress on this? I have multiple customers who want to know if deals are "stuck" and need an deal aging report. This seems like table stakes. 

IamHubSpotter
Participant

What is the 300 upvote milestone? is this where the idea becomes recognised by the hubspot team? We are at 317... Hubspot, could you please provide an update?

LWheeler7

Upvoting this, as well. We track this key number to help monitor our BusDev team's efficiency in closing a deal/opportunity. 

JZachs

How is this not a feature?

LeoG1

How the **bleep** is this still not here? Pardon my expression but wasn't HubSpot a CRM for Companies and Startups? If an investor asks me how long a Deal lasts in each Stage, what should I do? Create 325982 properties and 689837 workflows? It's been almost 4 years. Come on HubSpot..

FosterVA
Thank you for your support
MChazelle
Participant

Hello amigos,

I succeed to create the time in stage for each deal.

MChazelle_0-1676971763504.png

MChazelle_1-1676971777301.png

It is necessary to create a common property for each deal that gives information about the Actual deal stage

When a deal moves from one stage to another, this triggers the WF and allows you to calculate the difference between today's date and the date of entry into the current stage of the deal;

You can save this for future analysis by creating a simple WF copying the data into new properties, which you must create.