HubSpot Ideas

sdt_kparent

Team Meeting Links to customize URL not include user name

When trying to create a Team Meeting Link, it includes the username in the URL and it can not be changed or removed.  The idea of a Team Meeting link would be if you want to use the Group or Round Robin option, but the URL would show one person's name already in the name of it.

http://meetings.companyname.com/johndoe/meeting-name

Would like to have it be able to say "Marketing" or something else that would truely be the name for better branding and customer experience.

http://meetings.companyname.com/martketing/meeting-name

Related Community Post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Custom-hubspot-meeting-link/m-p/19790#M496

42 Replies
emilioramirez
Participant

I see this hasn't changed.

swoelk

I would be also a huge fan of this kind of feature! Not only for branding reasons but also when it comes to SEO and internal links it's always great to have a clean structure of URLs.

KCchristopher
Participant

I just found this idea when searching for a solution. This seems so dumb not to have set up right.

When I build a TEAM link, I don't want ONE PERSON'S name to be part of the link.

At least let it be a domain-related item, if you don't want people snatching up all the potential names with a type-your-own link scheme...

Like this: meetings.hubspot/[domain-com]/[meeting-name]

shiling

This is the one thing that is blocking us from migrating from Calendly to Hubspot's calendar.

ASophocleous

Trying to create a specific meeting link for our salespeople to use, and the URL having my name in it when I might not even be an option to book a meeting with isn't great.  To be able to customize the entire URL would be very ideal for this specific use case of a marketing/sales supervisor creating a meeting link on a specific product for the salespeople.  Not to mention the SEO implications mentioned in this thread.

PatriciaK

Yes please! Still no updates as of August 2021. My team would appreciate this feature!

andersks

We'd like this to be a feature! +1

MollUser1
Contributor

This is sadly one thing, that just makes the meetings link, not really useable for big campaigns and big round robins.

HubSpot please update this feature

MPerlman

My team and I also waiting on this to be updated

BusterPike
Contributor | Diamond Partner

My team, clients and I are also waiting on this to be updated

JTsames

My team and I would also like this feature. We find it quite inhibiting to not be able to do something as simple as change a meeting link.

ALeonsins
Participant

Agreed! Certainly a necessary feature. I hope this can be implemented soon.

JEvans91

It's so counter intuitive to have a Meeting "Owner", and their name in the URL for a round robin Sales demo meeting. Is a custom URL that reflects a team name really that difficult to provide?

Richard_Pratley

This is bad programming - From a privacy and security perspecitive, why would you put a name in global / group based URL ?

Nearly 2 years and still not cleaned up!

joeldeteves
Participant

How is this still not fixed !?

cazepe

This is not just a privacy issue, this is simply violating the GDPR Chapter 3. Art. 21. 2)

Please remove names in URLs asap.

BradTheGreat

Yep.  This would be great. 

AccountKit_Matt

Ideally, you'd have a generic meeting link for a team for example http://meetings.hubspot.com/techsupport/technicalsupport. This can be added to templates or snippets so that when it's applied to an email it can be clicked by the contact and they select a suitable time. This will then allocate to an available team member based on their calendar. At this point, it really isn't round-robin or a team meeting link. 

RAP_ELISA
Participant

Yup. I agree.

And this is what holding me back from using HubSpot meeting links rather than Calendly

annemarieinsf
Participant

Yes, please change the structure of the URL so it does not include the organizer's name. It only makes sense for a personal calendar invite, not for a group nor round robin calendar link.

We don't want to use bit.ly because when a URL is used in an email that isn't from the domain name of the email address, the domain can be blocklisted and the email marked as spam. Especially when sending a lot of emails for a marketing campaign. Talking about marketing campaigns, please implement throttling - where emails for a campaign aren't sent to all receipents at the same time. Send 10 emails and 1 minute later, send another 10 until all the emails are sent. This will avoid emails being marked as spam. We use Woodpecker for email campaigns, instead of HubSpot, for this feature.