HubSpot Ideas

dschroed

Social Chat - Instagram Chat integration (Facebook Business Messenger)

linked to these Forume messages, but no duplictates in the IDEA Forum: 

I need to be able to respond to instagram messages via my Hubspot account.  

Can you please look into utilizing the FB Business Manager API, to also integrate the Instagram Chat Messages. 

I would like to be able to respond to those messages, in the same way, as I do with Facebook Messenger through HubSpot. 

Hope this is being considered, and expanding the current beta chat scope. 

FB Chat Beta:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Integrate-Facebook-Messenger-with-Conversations/idi-p...

Instgram Chat from Acedemy: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Academy-Learning-Center-Support/Answering-instagram-messages/m-p/27...

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
July 28, 2021 05:27 AM

Hey folks -  While this feature is likely not something we'll bring to life in 2021, it's clear this channel is important. Recent changes to Messenger for Instagram APIs mean an integration is now possible, but we're still evaluating how and when we can add support for Instgram messaging as a channel in HubSpot.  

Being Reviewed
May 19, 2020 03:04 PM

We're exploring this channel but it will likely be some time before we can natively integrate Instagram messages as this will require Facebook to add Instagram message access to their Messenger APIs before we can realize this type of integration.

We'll post an update  as we learn more!

166 Replies
LoveIbizaVillas

I need to be able to respond to instagram messages via my Hubspot account.  Is this possible?

sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @LoveIbizaVillas 

At this time, HubSpot's integration with Instagram only allows users to manage/schedule social posts, so you will need to log in to your app natively to manage these replies.

I would recommend creating an idea in our ideas forum to ensure this feature request is seen by our product team.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Thank you 

Sharon

dschroed
Participant

Same here!

Great that FB Business Messenger integrates... and I can respond from there against two services, but on HubSpot, I can only manage half the services... 

Hope this gets resolved quickly.

ps. I did cvretae this request in the IDEA Forum: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Social-Chat-Instagram-Chat-integration-Facebook-Busin...

Khadija

Being able to reply to my business Instagram Direct Messages within Hubspot would be a really efficient feauture. I see I can reply to facebook messages and emails but i was really hoping Instagram DMs could be added as well because thats an important part of customer service for my team and I. I was under the impression that this was possible but I just realized it unfortuntaly is not available.

Khadija

I agree, i really hope this is something which will be put into consideration as it is an imporant aspect of customer service for my business. Replying to messages within Hubspot would truly be very beneficial 

carneiro

Agree. We have much more Instagram Direct Messages than FB Messenger messages. 

dschroed
Participant

One main purchase aspect for HubSpot was, to universally track our social activities. 

Integration with Instagram, which is already integrated on FB level, would be great. 

Not to speak of the various other tools coming our way (e.g. TikTok, linkedin) in the future. 

dospuntocero

+500 on this idea!.

at the moment without this functionality, we can't use the facebook integration, since its better for us to use the business manager in facebook to reply both chat and instagram's chat

dschroed
Participant

@dospuntocero pls also upvote the idea - hope we can gain enough traction and visibility with the productmanagement, to eventually getting onto HubSpots' roadmap.... 

Cre8tive1

I agree, and it would be great if it could go one step further and host all comments and messages in a communal space or a place where questions can be sent to the right team members and answered by them. Kind of like a website chat but for instagram.

dospuntocero

this could be easier now that facebook has an integrated chat for both insta and face at the same time for businesses....

kevkev
Participant

It's really bad that this does not exist. Should not even need a feature request Hubspot should be ahead of the curve here. You're a marketing automation platform and CRM.

Stijn-BureauVet
Member | Diamond Partner

This needs to happen a.s.a.p. !

tmerridew
Participant

I'd second the idea but not just with Instagram, for us Twitter DM's need to be available.

janpark
Participant

I needed this yesterday!

- So many workarounds have to be made to integrate even WhatsApp

Please, what has to be done to push this feature?

dschroed
Participant

@janpark to push, upvote this thread - and as well, bring it to attention to your Customer Success Manager / Onboarding Manager from HubSpot broadening the news on this matter. 

WhatsApp especially in regions other than the US certainly very important to be integrated as well! 

Koenovergaauw

For a a high traffic and communication platform like Instagram this really should be something to take care of. The reply rates for messages on Instagram are extrelmy high.

cyclerun

Add instagram to inbox for messeging like it is for facebook messenger. thank you

Stijn-BureauVet
Member | Diamond Partner

Is there an update on this available? 

henrikb

Hey i´m new to Hubspot this week, but not beeing able to link my instainbox feels really akward and 2018. When is due to be lauched. 60% of all our traffic goes through insta and i was kinda expextig a system like Hubspot would have a solution for this.