HubSpot Ideas

Andy_g2m

Setting Default List Columns at a Global Level

Would it be valuable for anyone else to be able to set which property columns are visible on lists at a global level?

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
March 22, 2022 06:18 AM

Hi all,

I’m Andres, Product Manager at HubSpot! 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important for Lists. Our team is currently reviewing the feasibility of this idea (as well as this one: Fix columns on Lists.) and, if so, how our team will implement a solution.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Andres

62 Replies
AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

I’m Andres, Product Manager at HubSpot! 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important for Lists. Our team is currently reviewing the feasibility of this idea (as well as this one: Fix columns on Lists.) and, if so, how our team will implement a solution.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Andres

ahmetfirat
Participant

Upvote. We really need this.

CarrieGallagher
Participant | Platinum Partner

Please fix this! I'm going nuts over here constantly redoing my list columns! 😫

nealrobinson

upvote this pls  - original design rationale not terribly obvious -  the absence of a single and consistent reporting format an odd omission

BDsouza
Participant

Yes, this is a much needed feature in HubSpot. We set different lists for different departments and so they require different columns. So imagine the pain every time a department head changes a column in their list! I have already upvoted this. 

KHastings
HubSpot Employee

This would be a wonderful feature to have access to! 

BWalton25

Upvote! For our company we create lists with the intention of making information easier to share with teammates, not add an extra step by making them search for and edit their own columns. 

MW96
Participant

Wow, I was very surprised when I discovered that this does not exist. Very basic functionality ... Please fix this! 

devinchaloux

This would be immensely valuable. After talking with a HubSpot agent, the only way to customize columns would require manual actions per agent. Either, the agent needs to

1. Add a custom view that someone else built

2. Edit the columns on their own account.

When scaling, anything that can be set by CRM admins is a win in my book! Please make this happen 🙂 

TruhleGCD

Another upvote for this idea! I create many contact lists for our users and want to be able to start them out with the fields/columns that are most relevant to the list. I'm fine with our users being able to make adjustments to their lists but, I want to set the initial order per individual list. 

nnicholson

I was also about to post this idea but I see it is already posted, very good idea for sharing lists with sales colleagues that arent too good at columns 🙂 

RMorgan
Contributor

Is there any update on this please?

CBehrens
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yes please!

MW96
Participant

+1 that's absolutely needed!

lexnicole
Participant

Absolutely need this!

Otterbot
Contributor

Any update on this? Currently there is no way to set default columns without overwriting lists that already have customized columns. I would like the default to affect newly created lists or noncustomized columns only.

JonJong

Do we have any update on this? It's going on almost 5 years since this was brought up and still no solution has been created. 

purplegoanna
Participant | Elite Partner

Any update on this? This is causing a lot of griefs for our clients with large teams and who want global table column setup. So much time is being wasted.  It's been 5 years?  Anything coming soon on this HubSpot?

CHumphries7

Pllllleaseee roll this out soon, it seems silly that I have to ask every use to update their columns to match one format.

calummacleod

big upvote