HubSpot Ideas

krispag

Required Playbook Fields

It would be ideal if Playbook authors could set a field to required response.

10 Replies
PaulAlmond91
Participant

Great idea - helps ensure that playbooks designed to support data capture accurately collect everything that is required!

BenWholley
Participant

It's so painful that our staff can complete a playbook and leave fields blank, really need this feature adding. As well as date and users support. 

THubspot

Yes, that's a good idea to set some fields as required.

SpencerHodgson
Participant

As I considered the fact that this ISN'T possible, I went to the Ideas section here assuming there would be an Idea with a lot of comments and upvotes already, but suprisingly there isn't! Only three comments and 15 upvotes in almost 3 years. This seems like it should be VERY easy to implement, and it would greatly benefit many processes. Currently certain reps might leave notes in the playbook under the property, but not actually update the property itself, which is essentially useless. It doesn't seem all that challenging to me to not let the playbook submit unless every question which is marked as required is filled out. I trust the computer much more to make sure the form is filled out correctly than I do our reps to pay attention to each detail.

ASolares
Participant

This is absolutely needed! We use one of the fields to trigger a workflow. 

MYapp

+1 for this feature request. Playbooks are the best tool for certain team processes, but those processes can break down when certain fields are left blank. Hubspot should upgrade this feature to allow required input fields.

SKvarda

+1 to this idea. I am rolling out playbooks for SDRs assuming it would have required fields and now that it doesn't were looking for a workaround

LLynam
Participant

We set up lots of playbooks and now we have realised that by not being able to have mandatory fields, our data quality is becoming poor. Basically means we will need to stop using them so we lose a feature...

TErickson_OW
Participant

Yes please, this would is truly needed to ensure data integrity. 

Jpbsalibe
Contributor

I really need this feature to be implemented. I upgraded my Hubspot subscription, thinking that playbooks were going to resolve a lot of issues that I was having and now I have less control than before on the data input.