HubSpot Ideas

Tracy3

Please Add Location Field to Social Media Posts

One of the ways that we generate other traffic to our social media pages is by tagging the various locations that we have events at. Currently, Hubspot doesn't allow us to tag locations when we preschedule posts through the platform.

43 Replies
lamannadirect
Participant

We definitely need this feature available soon, so many other social scheduling tools have this feature. 

Louis
Participant

We need this feature!!

LynnHess

Very disappointed to discover that this feature is not available! 

jerranalley
Participant

100% agree we need this feature as well

GLC
Contributor

Really annoying that we can't do this!

jmahan
Participant

HubSpot, this is such basic functionality. Why isn't the ability to add locations to posts available yet???

deborahl

We need ability to add locations to Instagram posts for many reasons 😉

eunicecheah
Participant

Hi,

Yes my team would also love to have this function to implemented within Hubspot as tagging personal accounts on social media platforms. We understand that we can edit it within social media platforms such as LinkedIn but this is not possible for some platforms such as Twitter. Please let us know if Hubspot would be able assist us to be more efficient. Thank you! 

WillDekrey
HubSpot Product Team

We understand the importance of this for local businesses as well as companies with mulitple locations, franchises, etc. both for communicating clearly with their audiences and for appearing in relevant searches. This has not yet been prioritized on our roadmap, but we are actively investigating and scoping to determine how and when we might be able to implement this.

laurae
Participant

Yes this would be extremely helpful. It's one of the reasons we don't always use the social publisher in HubSpot.

Melcain45

I know it's been addressed but for such a robust program it seems like this would be something that's included. For companies with sales agents - it's important to highlight achievements and certain features and when you can't preschedule a post with said agent tagged... it's not worth it to schedule it in Hubspot. Now I have to go to two places to post on LinkedIn... 

Maybe a bandaid is to figure out how to let you edit the post on LinkedIn AFTER it is posted through Hubspot so I could tag whom I needed. 

JenFrosty
Participant

I just signed on with Hubspot and I am shocked that you cannot tag in social media.  This is a standard feature for social media and Hubspot needs to adapt to this.  I was planning on dropping Hootsuite, which we currently use but now I have to pay for two services.  I am extremely disappointed.

jacquimalis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

My name is Jacqui and I am the product manager of social. I wanted to reach out regarding the update to this idea being marked as "being review." Thank you to everyone who has upvoted this idea, shared your use cases, and added your thoughts and opinions. We are currently discussing as a team when we will be able to implement this change, but understand the massive need for this feature.

The ideas forum is one of many channels through which we receive feedback at HubSpot in conjunction with a number of other sources. As you can imagine, the amount of feedback we get across all feedback channels is massive, so while ideas are very critical, they are a piece of the data that we consider when prioritizing new features.

Please know that we are here and are listening in the ideas forum, and most importantly we would like to say thank you for your feedback and patience with this feature. 

peepee79
Member | Elite Partner

Hi Jacqui & HubSpot Product Team,

This is a very important functionality and is a standard feature in many other platforms such as Hootsuite. 

Looking foward to seeing this in Beta soon! 

sandrinedz
Member | Partner

Very important functionality also if we have'nt a local business.

eveparkldn

Have there been any updates to this yet?!
So many other platforms are able to do this and it is a very important function for our business as we have many great partners we want to feature and tag in our social posts.

twinloger
Participant

Hi, this is very important to us. We want to manage all our social networks from Hubspot. It is common to post on a linkedine from the personal profile of the CEO or director. We also have our personal linkedin profiles linked to the hubspot, but we can't tag in person posts, only companies. Then we have to edit each post in a linkedin application. It's not that good.

veritymagnay

To add to this, need a way of tagging companies when scheduling post, as then wouldnt need to go on each individual social media platform and edit the post.  would be really helpful and a massive timesaver to have this feature. 

Accessibility

Social Media shout outs to organizations we partner with is key for us attacting viewership to our site. We need to be able to properly tag other organizations - especially as twitter doesn't let you edit a post but have to delete and redo it.  With how much we are relying on hubspot - this is a major issue for functionality for us. 

radapop
HubSpot Product Team

+1! Would be helpful to tag people and places in social posts