HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Option to automatically add a product to a deal with workflows

Hi team,

It would be great to be able to automatically add certain Products to Deals within Workflows. For example, if a customer comes in via a certain source and all of the customers from that source are purchasing Product A, all the Deals could then be automatically updated to have that product associated with them.

This would reduce friction for sales teams and allow more seamless Deal creation - the teams wouldn't have to go back and add Products later. Thank you!

HubSpot Updates
November 10, 2022 07:40 AM

Hi everyone - just an update to respond to some of your questions about future work in this area! We definitely hear you and the additional functionality that you'd like to help solve some of these line item use cases. We, on the Automation team, will be working with the Payments team to figure out how we can continue to add more functionality within workflows, but at this point I don't have a clear timeline to share with you. Any updates about these feature requests will be relayed on this thread, though. 

Thanks,

Emma

Idea Submitted
November 02, 2022 07:51 AM

Hi All - We have just launched the ability to associate line items when creating a new deal in workflows to all portals with workflows access! I have closed the beta sign up form linked in this thread as you should now all have access. 

I'm going to keep this thread open as there are a few other deal and line item scenarios in workflows mentioned here that we haven't yet solved for.

Thanks,

Emma

October 21, 2022 10:43 AM

@SamB1 - This is definitely one of the next things we want to accomplish with line items in workflows. We don't have a timeline yet, but will let you know once we have updates to share!

@nwcarlson - I'm not sure I understand your use case here. Do you want to determine how many line items to add from this property? How would you determine which product to add as your line item? 

October 11, 2022 02:17 PM

@FMaher Correct, this only works when creating a new deal. This is just the first iteration, and we're aware of the need to add to existing deals and the team has started to evaluate how to solve that problem!

In Beta
October 10, 2022 10:53 AM

October 10, 2022 10:47 AM

Hi All - My name is Emma Golborne and I'm a Product Manager on the Automation/Workflows team. We've implemented the ability to add line items to deals when using the Create Record action to create a deal in workflows! The next step is to get some beta testers to test it out in private beta before we release more broadly. If you're interested in participating in the beta, please fill out this form. We will then give you access within 36 hours of you submitting the form, but will not let you know once we've given you access so be sure to check in your portal. There's more information in the form, but looking forward to getting your feedback and making this available to everyone.

As always, thanks for your feedback and your help!

August 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I didn't mean to leave you hanging. We're very close with this feature, we just continue to hit snags in our testing, but we're actively working on this. I'm hopeful for sometime this quarter (Q3). I will update the thread as soon as the feature begins its rollout.

As I stated in the past, our first release for this feature will allow you to add line items to Deals when creating Deals using the "Create Record" workflow action. Hopefully that stems some of the pain. Later, we will open up Line Items as an object in the "Create Record" action. Though, I can't specify a timeline for that.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 08:21 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager of the Product Library. We've decided to make a little pivot here and I wanted to keep you up to date. We're going to tackle this idea in two stages. The first stage is letting you add Line Items to Deals when they are created via Automation. Based on my research, this should address some of the pain here (not all), and it's an important infrastructure project for us too. <-- you should see this phase sometime in early Q2, though I can't say exactly when. It's being actively worked on, but we have a few internal dependencies so I can't say exactly when it will be released.

The second phase of this project will be adding Line Items to the "Create Record" action. This should address all the pain described above, but it is a bit more complicated given that Line Items need to be created with an association (i.e. to Deals, Quotes, or Payment Links). Line Items cannot exist by themselves, because they're aren't uniquely named and don't store information about when/how/if something was actually purchased. They just store what the item is (e.g. Marketing Hub Enterprise - Annual Subscription, $34,000, SKU: 84745435, Quantity: 1). <-- I can't say for sure when this will be released, but it's top of mind for us this year. 

I hope the "Add Line Item to Deal" via Automation addresses some of the use cases here while we work on "Create Line Item." 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

January 14, 2022 11:01 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that within this quarter or early Q2, you will be able to add a Line Item to a Deal in Workflows. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

Being Reviewed
May 28, 2021 08:31 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. I’m coming to you today with an update, that I’ll be moving this idea from In Planning, back to Being Reviewed. We’ve unfortunately hit an unexpected development roadblock that means we’ll need more time before we can deliver this feature, so that when we do, we ensure it’s a high-quality feature that meets your expectations.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned.

Best,
Megan

March 16, 2021 07:48 AM

Hi @abrow ,

In the upcoming change I mentioned, the functionality will be limited to the action to create deal record, and will create a new deal and add specific line items (not copying from another deal). However, we're still digging into other ways we can continue to add more robust line item/deal functionality to workflows, so these additional examples are super helpful. 

Thanks!

Megan

In Planning
March 09, 2021 12:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continued feedback and patience. We're actively working on developing this feature, which will be the ability to add line items to deals, when you create deals with workflows, through the Create record action.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.13.18 PM.png

I'll post another update when we have more specific information about the launch of this feature.

Thank you!

Megan

Being Reviewed
December 02, 2020 12:23 PM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the Product Manager responsible for Quotes and the Product Library at HubSpot. This idea is something that's actively on our radar and I'm working with our team to prioritize it. I can't give you a definite date, but workflow actions for Quotes, Products, and Line Items is top of mind for us going into 2021.

October 21, 2020 04:58 AM

Hi all,

This is still on our radar, though there are a couple blockers we need to deal with before we could implement something like this. We'll continue to explore our options, as we know this is a need many of you have. I appreciate the continued feedback and use case specifics, which help us ensure we're working on the right solution.

Best,

Megan

Being Reviewed
April 23, 2020 06:52 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. Thanks for the comments and feedback! We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

179 Replies
gra-benjamin
Participant

It seems that the HubSpot Products has a long way to go to be integrated into the Hubspot platform. This would be extremely helpful and almost expected when they launched this product into Hubspot.

kongstad
Member | Diamond Partner

Seems like products can't be used in automation workflows at this point (for example to update properties such as recurring revenue amount or if it's a project client/retainer client) as well as adding this type of information to "ding-notes". 

Would be great if this would be possible 🙂

myworks-peter
Participant

Agreed. It's kind of pointless to have workflows centering around deals if they don't even support products...why would we be able to use a workflow in this case - if we can't add a product to a deal when we automatically create it, for example? (recurring product, if that matters).

Andreas
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I agree, this is a good idea. I am surprised it is not allready an option to automatically associate products from the product library to a deal. 

How long until this is possible, HubSpot team?  I need this for several of the clients I'm working with. 

Andreas  🙂

kbarrera
Participant

We could use this as well. We are using a workflow trigger to automatically create a deal when a specific form is completed on our website. In this form, we have fields that map to products. It would be great to auto add a product to a deal and bring in the associated potential revenue. 

mollymetzger
Contributor

We're doing the exact same thing as @kbarrera and I agree completely. It would be great to automatically add products to a deal when a customer fills out a specific form. 

sdhill1990

This would be a great feature to have. Hopefully this thread can get some attention and have it implemented. 

leesuker
Participant

Key features for us also - we have 100's of products that are grouped in product lines.  Sales want to auto select many products automatically when their deals reach a certain stage.  

Herschel
Top Contributor

This would go a long way towards making Products a viable feature for us as well.

IlanaBinenbaum

It would be amazing to have it available.

jessidoesstuff

Can we please get this? Why are we bothering to use the Products feature when it's actually not accessible from anywhere else in Hubspot? 

Andreas
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Please make this work!

HubLove
Participant

Yes, it seems as if the products feature was launched without thought to tracking actual purchases, not just quotes. I would love to be able to copy products from one pipeline to another.

tomeverton

I'm a bit late to this party but adding my voice to this chorus of requests! It seems a bit pointless automating deal workflows if we have to manually add products and/or amounts to each deal.

UmutA
Contributor

+1

vagarwal

I request HubSpot community to have a look on all the comments mentioned about integrating Products in workflows associated with contacts/companies. Hope HubSpot will do something this 2020. 🙂

ChristianM
Participant

Yes, we need this too.

Currently we have subscription products.

The workflow would be:

1. formA-submission
  2. create deal + product A
  3. send quote ->
  4. Check webhook for Stripe success.

No sales team involved and seamless tracking in hubspot ... 

HubSpot, 

This seems like a generic workflow.

What are today's suggest method to achieve this ?

- Christian

ChristianM
Participant

Work-around:

I did find this that looks like a solution that could work:

A buy now button (CTA)

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/add-a-buy-now-button

shannamaziarz
Member | Diamond Partner

Agree. There needs to be an easier way to tie products into deals through workflows and imports. 

ellierdz
Contributor

Do we have any updates on this? We would love to have this functionality too, we can do so many things with workflows that it seems a bit restrictive not being able to attach a product to a deal based in conditions/