HubSpot Ideas

RSM

Multi level Sorting ability by Columns

The ability to sort any table view by one column and then by another. Three levels of sorting would probably be sufficient for almost any use-case.

Example:

1st level - sort by column for Deal Stage

2nd level - then sort by column for Deal Amount

3rd level - then sort by column for .....

The value would be to be able to see data exactly in the order in which you want to see it.  I know Salesforce and Excel have this feature.

43 Replies
tmitch_sona
Participant

Yes please to this. Currently having to do too much data exporting and reimporting to get the secondary/tertiary column sorting functionality I need.

Alex_L
Participant

Upvoting this, definitely need this inside HS and not the hassle of exporting out to Excel. Thanks!

Alex_L
Participant

Upvoting this feature request! Our team needs to analyze top XX deals based on close date, deal probability, and deal amount. Sorting individually doenst provide much insight and would like use HS and less of Excel. Thanks!

GMatza

+1 for reasons stated by others. 

CateRo

+1 for this idea, urgently please

HCMF

This is one of the reasons we are migrating away from HubSpot; no multi-sorting functions, which is very basic. 

jamesnixon

Agreed. We need to rank our tickets by multiple fields to prioritize them properly. This is a problem to make HubSpot scale for us sharing work across teams.

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Same use case as @jamesnixon, need to sort tickets on multiple fields for proper prioritization. In our case a Next Reply Time SLA and a Time to Close SLA. Need to sort first by Next Reply Time, then by Time to Close.

jennings
Participant

This is critical functionality. In our case, we need to sort tickets first by their priority level then by their Create Date (oldest first). Current functionality allows you to sort by priority but then automatically sorts by Create Date (newest first).

MrBean
Top Contributor

Yep, needed here as well

MrBean
Top Contributor

needed badly. . . complaint from users looking to swqitch back to salesforce

VAMFI

Yes, please!

MWestenholz
Participant

This functionality is really missing in HubSpot

HCartledge

I am trying to make the case that Hubspot can be a single source of truth with reports that solve problems for all areas of the business (Ops, Finance).

Being able to have tables that we can sort on multiple levels is VITAL.

It is hard to champion Hubspot for this when it can't do things that the most basic Excel can! 

Not just for sales reporting - for ops planning too:

e.g. can we sort by expected close date, deal value, and our custom red/amber/green status for each department's readiness to go live

CMcRae-Thompson
Participant

We 100% need this functionality. Exporting lists just to multi-sort is not efficient.

GWebb6
Contributor

Big +1!!
This is a really frustrating problem, as others have said we just want to be able to provide a report sorted by 2 or 3 columns such as Deal Value & Close Date!

TLarsen

Yes, please add. Currently I have to export to excel for a simple view of sorting by deal stage and by expected close date.

MPenfold
Contributor

I'm having to export reports to a spreadsheet just to achieve a simple two-column sort. Seems a ridiculous shortcoming for a reports tool.

jhank

Would love this functionality as well!

LWConstruction

This is BASIC functionality for pretty much any table-based data. Please add this function!!