HubSpot Ideas

Hubsforero

Mandatory GDPR cookies treatment.

Hello!

We are facing a lack of HubSpot regarding the cookies settings. The GDPR enforces all websites to notify to all visitors when their data are being stored, this process should be totally explicit for the users, as their data should be treated only when the user accepts cookies, meaning the cookies should be switched off by default, only turned on once accepted.

We know Hubspot can erase their cookies but, however third party cookies are still being used on Hubspot's landing pages (creating these landing pages in Hubspot). Hence, how do we "switch off" the 3rd party cookies at Hubspot landing pages? This should be possible to do so from Hubspot itself. 

Also, as many of you might know, many websites offer the possibility to accept or decline certain types of cookies, this is 100% UX, and Hubspot doesn't take this into account. 

With this idea my suggestion is that Hubspot should offer the possibility to accept or decline which type of cookies the user accepts. And if this causes to many struggles, than Hubspot should be able to offer the possibility to decline all the cookies (including the 3rd party coookies).

Please vote up!

HubSpot Updates
February 07, 2023 05:07 AM

Hi @TesaReichtsThis feature is currently in public beta. Super admins can opt their accounts into the feature using the steps outlined here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/opt-your-hubspot-account-into-a-public-beta-feature

We aim to go live with improved cookie management tools to all HubSpot customers in the coming months.

In Beta
February 21, 2022 05:07 AM

Hi everyone! Thank you all for taking the time to upvote and comment here. My name is Rada and I’m the product manager for HubSpot’s cookie banner.

I'm happy to announce that this feature is now In Beta. This is currently a private beta, but we are planning to roll it out to all portals in the future. We’ll be sure to update you here as soon as this feature is Delivered.

If you're interested in joining the private beta, please submit this form: https://forms.gle/egzLujchWR9UPaiL8

7 Replies
SimonStocks

We have also hit this requirement today.  Our legal team have advised that due to changed ICO guidance in the UK, the Cookies popup etc on Hubspot isn't enough, so we're having to look into using a third party system like CookieBot.  It's a shame as it would seem like an easy win to incorporate this into Hubspot.  Hoping this gets voted up.

StephanieR

We are facing the same issues as Simon. We also need to look into using a 3rd party supplier like CookieBot, as our Cookie Policy setting in HubSpot does not meet the requirements of the GDPR legislation in the EU. 

TesaReichts
Contributor

The issue is still not solved in a GDPR compliant way. Too bad that we have to work with a 3rd party supplier. I hope there will be some progress soon. That would really be appreciated by EU users.

radapop
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! Thank you all for taking the time to upvote and comment here. My name is Rada and I’m the product manager for HubSpot’s cookie banner.

I'm happy to announce that this feature is now In Beta. This is currently a private beta, but we are planning to roll it out to all portals in the future. We’ll be sure to update you here as soon as this feature is Delivered.

If you're interested in joining the private beta, please submit this form: https://forms.gle/egzLujchWR9UPaiL8

TesaReichts
Contributor

@radapopany updates on this?

radapop
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @TesaReichtsThis feature is currently in public beta. Super admins can opt their accounts into the feature using the steps outlined here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/opt-your-hubspot-account-into-a-public-beta-feature

We aim to go live with improved cookie management tools to all HubSpot customers in the coming months.

TesaReichts
Contributor

@radapopgreat to hear that. Thanks for the update!