HubSpot Ideas

bfelker

Make Call Outcome required

Today call outcome and call type are optional fields for someone who is logging an activity. I need to make them mandatory so that a rep cannot log an activity without populating those 2 fields. How do I do it?

HubSpot Updates
August 31, 2023 04:56 PM

Hi @AFD@NKolev @HubspotterOHIO ! Thanks for your patience as we corrected this. The ability to require call outcomes for manually logged calls is restored. Let us know if you have any questions/feedback. Thank you! 

August 29, 2023 08:01 AM

Hi @NKolev and @HubspotterOHIO ! I just reached out in a seperate email to grab examples from you. The build for this does solve for manually logged calls and outbound calls. This worked in testing portals before we launched, so I would love to chat you briefly to see what is occuring and escalate to my engineering team from there. Thank you!

Delivered
August 28, 2023 07:30 AM

Hi HubSpot Community!

We are excited to announce we launched the ability to make call outcomes required!

Once this setting is enabled, when seated reps in your account place an outbound call from the HubSpot browser or log a call, the ability to save the call will be greyed out until they select a call outcome.

To enable this feature:

1. Admins, Navigate to the Settings icon in the top right corner of your screen.

2. On the far left menu panel, scroll down to the Tools section. Click "Calling."

3. On the Calling page, click the "Call Configurations" tab.

4. Click the check box next to "Make call outcome required."

5. Click Save.

unnamed (15).png

*This setting is currently for outbound calls placed from the HubSpot browser or logged calls. This functionality does not require call outcome logging for inbound calls, mobile calls, or imported calls.

Not Currently Planned
June 22, 2022 03:51 PM

Hi Community!

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, making call outcome selection required is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case. 

As we progress in our current Calling priorities we will update here with more details on timing and plans. 

July 01, 2021 12:29 PM

Hello HubSpot community,

Thank you for your continued feedback.

Allowing call outcomes and types to be required is on our list of things we’d like to do. However, the list of calling improvements is long and resources are limited. At the moment this is a lower priority compared to some of the other things we’re working on. We're continuing to keep an eye on this use case and we'll be sure to update this thread when this is a more near-term deliverable.

Being Reviewed
May 19, 2020 02:51 PM

We're currently evaluating this enhancement  and will update this issue with more information in the next few months.

102 Replies
HubspotterOHIO

Salesforce allowed us to make the call result a required field. Hubspot needs to be able to do this ASAP. This no value really screws up our reporting on BDRs activities. Thanks!

Hail

Great Idea

MattF
Top Contributor

I would expand upon this as well for Meeting Outcome. Have the user sent a notification after the meeting complete time prompting them for an outcome that is required.

mbthomas

Our org has the same requirment.

Flo_bi

+1 for the ability to make it mandatory 

Allicat

This would be sooo helpful. There are so many things to remember when updating a call that little things like choosing a call outcome gets missed. I've had countless training sessions with my sales reps, but there is no way to totally eliminate human error. This would definitely help eliminate human error! 

Ben7
Contributor

Any update on this please HS? 

Tessa3
Participant

Good morning,

I would love to see the option to make the call & meeting types/outcomes required.

We are tracking these results in a dashboard, but we notice that people don't fill them in so far and it is a bit hidden and not required. 

Thank you

Tessa

JusinP
Participant

+ 1 for this, really needs to mandatory for all reps.

sbernier

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Give the option to make this a required field!

MDreimann

Very important issue to fix ist!

HubspotterOHIO

Come on HubSpot...it's time to make this field required in February of 2021!!! Salesforce would have turned this on in a matter of days or the Salesforce Admin could make it a required field. What's the holdup????

OVillamonte

I would love to see this feature. It is important for reporting. Expecting reps to remember will always end in error.

JSRowland6
Participant

This is an essential functionality to have.  We just moved onto Hubspot from Freshworks this past week and we could readily make these critical fields mandatory in FreshWorks so reports actually make sense to drive behavior.  Already after an hour today on Hubspot we have over 50 that are missing data and I have to prompt team members to go back into and correct the missing data.  I hope this gets resolved soon.

ARana0
Participant

This has been under review since May 2020. Is there any update on this. This is basically functionality in other CRMs...

SComeau
Top Contributor

We really need this functionality to report on what type of meetings and calls are generating business!

enorberg
Contributor

I second this idea, although I'm not sure how it would work with the calendar integrations or upcoming meetings (you won't know the outcome yet). Although even if it was required only when adding a call7meeting through the CRM, and only when it's already occured, that'd still be a huge help.

enorberg
Contributor

Very keen on this feature too! 

BradCarter

We would love to see this implemented, as with call/meeting outcome. Our team are missing about 5% of call/meeting types when logging activities - mandatory selections would be amazing to see.

EdgarTichelaar
Participant

hello guys, this simple request is under review for about a year now, can't be such a big deal, right?

please add the option to make the call outcome required, it's much needed!