HubSpot Ideas

jwatson

Log emails on mobile platforms (android/ios)

Hello, would be great if you could extend the same email logging/tracking to the mobile platforms.  My company uses exclusively Android, and we have an unpredicable break in the the chain when emailing from Mobile.  I cannot yet identify which incoming/outgoing emails will be logged.  I am aware of the workaround to add the Hubspod address in the BCC field for outgoing messages.  

All that said, it's an added step for outgoing, and the feature is lacking completely for incoming emails.  

162 Replies
BruceProck
Contributor

It really is mind-boggling that this is functionally is not yet available...

FBulteau

As a every recent CRM, please add this feature ! 

mattverlaque

This really frustrates me too - I've used other CRMs where after syncing the email account, any email you send or receive that matches a CRM contact is automatically pulled in.

I'm exploring the idea of building an add-on that does this...I don't think it could do "tracked" emails (as if they were sent in HS natively), but I think I could likely set it up where all inbound and outbound emails that match a contact would be automatically pulled into the CRM (regardless of email client, mobile, etc).

Of course the real question, is this a legit problem that's worth paying a subscription to solve?

Toying around with this at https://www.syncmessage.com.

Matt

fthemes
Contributor

It's been three years! Any idea when we can have this feature of getting email sent from mobile app tracked?

Mikescheid
Participant

I recently moved companies and at my previous company we used Zoho CRM. When using Zoho it woudl automatically track all our work emails sent using our company domain if the contact was in the CRM. Did not matter what device or email client that was used. I would track using the Gmail or O365 (the two supported email providers) integrations to do the tracking. Not the client device!  This can be done and is being done by one of HubSpot's main competitors. HubSpot you really need to up your game here!!

MICEO

Any updates to this issue? Tracking emails on mobile is really important.

PowerHour11

We have been waiting years for HubSpot to give us a solution. My solution might not be the solution we all wanted but it's the solution we get until HubSpot or someone else gives us a better one. My method only works for iOS, but it works flawlessly like most Apple things do. What I did was use the Shortcuts app to create a shortcut that only when triggered will open up a new mail message in the iOS Mail app that will automatically include my HubSpot BCC address.

You can download my Shortcut here, or if you'd like to create your own from scratch I uploaded a step by step walkthrough video on YouTube.

If this helps you and you would like to contribute to my coffee addiction please buy me a coffee on CashApp or PayPal. 

Duffy8

Nearly 6 years after this fundamental and crucial feature was first requested, Hubspot still has not developed any sort of fix or workaround for it. Mind blowing. 

KCallahan
Yep, terrible.
hatchsmith

This feature is critical. Pipedrive can do it naitively just by having my Google Workspace account connected to my user account within the CRM. All of my emails can go into the system by default. I shouldn't have to BCC each email if I'm not using the HubSpot through chrome. 

LPham1

@hubspot please give us an update on this. It needs for our work and action faster, and take care of the clients better.

PowerHour11

Has anyone tried my solution? it works great for me! 

HaroldC
Hi PowerHour11.... What is your solution?
MRichardson1

I agree that this feature is needed addition. We just recently started using HubSpot, and our sales team is on the road for most of their day. So, having email logging and tracking available on mobile wouldn't break the email chain if they respond on the road. 

KMarkley
Participant

Hi HubSpot Support Team - Manually adding the bcc address is very cumbersome for heavy mobile email users.  Our CEO sends 300 or more emails a day.  We don’t find it to be a good or effective use of her time to  manually add the BCC to each emails.  Please advise if there is another solution to log emails sent from a mobile device.

KMarkley
Participant

Hi HubSpot Support Team - Manually adding the bcc address is very cumbersome for heavy mobile email users.  Our CEO sends 300 or more emails a day.  We don’t find it to be a good or effective use of her time to  manually add the BCC to each email.  Please advise if there is another solution to log emails sent from a mobile device.

RWilliams1
Participant

DISCLAIMER: I am not a developer.

I don't understand why there needs to be an app plugin at all. There ought to be a way for me to give HubSpot access to my gmail account so that it will track my emails regardless of how I access my account. I should be able to login to my gmail account on a stranger's web browser and have my emails tracked in HubSpot. 

Mikescheid
Participant

@RWilliams1 I totally agree!! I did this with ZOHO CRM and it worked great!!

jackoutthebox11
Contributor
I posted a solution video of how i solved this for my use case but it requires an iPhone or iPad. If you are on iOS I can help.

https://youtu.be/nSpRAlRPxlc
AGarrity10

I would like to see this feature as well.  In addition, the ability to log calls from the app also.