HubSpot Ideas

andres

Internal links in Documents

Hello!

It would be amazing that the software recognize the links in a document.

In our proposals we have a PDF that we send to our customers, and into the document you can find links like: "Do you want know more? Click here".

Pressing here, the customers can be informed more about our services, and this links goes to our website.

Actually, the HubSpot software transform the PDF documents to an image, so this links is not available. 

Thanks!

44 Replies
mgilliland

It would be great when creating an eBook or other content for there to be certain items, e.g. telephone number or web address, to be clickable for the user. This way users can call directly or visit our website directly from the content created. 

Nil

+1

derekdoubleyou
Participant

We also send PDFs to contacts with links to live examples of our work - so this is a pretty important feature for us.

casalrm01

I was thinking that an option to scramble contacts within your call queue could be very useful. When calling many people from the same company, it would be nice to mix in contacts from other companies so you don't risk overloading a single department.

Leaston
Participant

Some of our technical documents are over a 100 pages, so embedded links in docs help our customers navigate. IMO if this ability isn't added it greatly dimishes the benefits of this feature.

derekdoubleyou
Participant

Is there any update on this? It seems like pretty basic functionality as it's part of the PDF standard...

andres
Member | Platinum Partner

Derek, 

No, I haven´t any update 😞

I hope this soon

troelsfeodor
Top Contributor

This would be really helpful. We tried to add a Meeting link to a PDF and were surprised it wasn't clickable.

mbachmann

Following the Inbound Marketing method, this is one of the most important features and is incredibly important for all Marketing/Sales Dep. which are using PDFs with Links and would make conversions througout Documents even easier.

I would be highly thankful for Link-Support in PDFs, since it's a great way to get new Leads and Customers.

lulu5stars

In regard to the Documents Tool in HubSpot Sales Pro, it would be beneficial to adjust pdf reader so it includes the links created within the document.

That's all. 🙂 

brettbond

Another vote for this. It was really a bummer when I sent out a PDF with links and people complained they couldn't click them. You guys are pretty much the only bulk-mail solution I have seen that supports individual document open tracking. Yet it's unusable for us until this is working.

spinTouch

Would really like to have PDFs clickable links to work when we upload them in the document section.

aiq

I support this as well.  Very frustrating that it does not support links. 

jrwthetreegroup
Participant | Partner

Yes please. I'm sharing documents with thumbnails of videos that lead people to YouTube, however, this isn't possible so I'm having to share a Google Drive link to the PDF but I really want to share the Hubspot Document.

IrshadKhan
mpenn
Participant

Big upvote for this! I'm having a huge problem with this. I tried the previously mentioned solution but because I have upgraded to Acrobat DC that does not seem to work

ppaquet
Participant

Big upvote too ! Very frustrating about these non clicable links. 

Carlnz
Participant

It's so strange how they released Documents without hyperlinks. 

We have a number of .pdfs we email out and they all have CTAs which are links to live examples, demos etc. 

I would love to be able to use HS Docs. But Hyperlinks is a must for us. 

JakeJones
Participant

This is a total no brainer. Any progress? I'm surprised it's not already a feature tbh

orangepegs
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Why in the heck is this still not happening??? There are so many different ways that we can use this, but not allowing links to go through is nonsense.