HubSpot Ideas

DarylWui

Including ability to search by Product SKU and description in HubSpot search bar

Filing on behalf of customer:
The limited functionality of the search bar as per this KB article:https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/search-within-your-hubspot-account does not allow for searching by product information to display products (e.g. SKU/Description). 

It would be really helpful for customers with products with similar names but different SKUs to be able to run a search in the search bar easily by typing the SKU number into the search bar to retrieve the product/line item information. 

12 Replies
FMaher
Contributor

The reason we want this is to help with the lack of sorting capability in the product library. 

rodericks
Contributor

Definitely a great addition! 

CHSpassivuk

In general, the search needs expanding outside of 1 field option as seems to be the standard on all areas of the system. 

rodericks
Contributor

@CHSpassivuk yep, totally agree with you! 

siritheresa

This would make it much easier for my team to always pick the correct item. We have several items with similar names with just models differentiating. Invoicing would always have alot less errors. 

Propagam
Participant

This should have been implemented already.

DSchroeds

What would also be helpful is to allow for a default sort order by any property available.

JRyu

Is this still in the works? Would be useful to be able to search via SKU.

SGallo9

Search on SKU seems like it should be standard.  Any updates?

BGenc

I have found that you can in fact search by sku already.  You just need to enter a space after your sku in the search. For example, if your sku is M-3030 you would enter M-3030<space> (Where <space> is just you hitting the space bar.

In fact the search will find any sku that contains that information.  If you only know part of the sku, enter what you know followed by space and it will show you everything that offers the part of the sku you entered.

From what I see, the only real improvement needed is to allow us to see the sku's on the list.

DSchroeds

You are absolutely correct, under the quote tool, we need to see a SKU column in the table that populates as you type in the search bar.

SAkin

We need to be able to search the description field of products, not just the SKU field.