HubSpot Ideas

Stewart

Heat / click mapping on COS pages

It would be really cool to have a built in interface for the COS pages, specifically landing pages that showed us the actually interactions from people. The interface could look similar to what the email click map gives us now. This would certainly be a great addition to help us optimise our pages without the need to external tools like Crazy Egg. 

HubSpot Updates
February 28, 2022 07:14 PM

Hello all! My name is Amanda, and I'm another product manager here at HubSpot who is thinking about/reviewing this request for heatmaps. I have a few questions I'd like to crowd source your opinions on:

• If we were to add heatmaps for site pages (blog posts, web pages, LPs) to HubSpot, where in the tool would you expect to see them/where would be the most convenient spot for them to live?
  • How important is it for you to see clicks on negative/empty space on a page? Or do you only really care about link/button clicks?
  • Is it important for you to see the click activity of individual visitors/individual sessions one at a time? Or would you only look at overall click behavior across all users?
  • Would you want heatmap data for individual web pages? Or would you be interested in seeing most clicked buttons/links across your entire website?

Feel free to shoot me a DM if you'd like to talk about this in greater depth!

Thank you!

Being Reviewed
December 15, 2021 05:39 PM

Not Currently Planned
April 13, 2020 03:15 PM

16 Replies
mattgen180
Participant

Exactly this. Especially for A/B variations.

LisaAttygalle

YES.

RogerM
Participant

Yes, please. I am looking for this on an A/B variation right now.  Very frustrating that you do not have it.

Szed
Participant

Same here.

This would be really helpul!

Yowza

Hear, hear!  Yes please.

FACTONadmin
Participant

I also would appreciate a feature like this. A HTML click map like the one that exists for emails would be very helpful to analyze the click behaviour of visitors and to see which links and CTAs perform well on a web page. With such an overview that tells you how many users clicked on which CTA/link, we could analyze our web pages in a much better way. For us it would be important for all kinds of pages (landing pages, webiste pages and blog pages).

Right now we have to track the conatct activity regarding page views for every single user to get an idea how visitors browse our website.

Wibeke

We really need this!

nicserhan

Essential!

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

EduardoServilia
Contributor | Partner

Very usefull!

aletal

Yes, please consider. This would be so useful!

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

a_schumacher
HubSpot Product Team

Hello all! My name is Amanda, and I'm another product manager here at HubSpot who is thinking about/reviewing this request for heatmaps. I have a few questions I'd like to crowd source your opinions on:

• If we were to add heatmaps for site pages (blog posts, web pages, LPs) to HubSpot, where in the tool would you expect to see them/where would be the most convenient spot for them to live?
  • How important is it for you to see clicks on negative/empty space on a page? Or do you only really care about link/button clicks?
  • Is it important for you to see the click activity of individual visitors/individual sessions one at a time? Or would you only look at overall click behavior across all users?
  • Would you want heatmap data for individual web pages? Or would you be interested in seeing most clicked buttons/links across your entire website?

Feel free to shoot me a DM if you'd like to talk about this in greater depth!

Thank you!

kaleighb
Member | Platinum Partner

This post is so old, but @a_schumacher 's 2/22 reply gives me hope...Amanda, personally, I would expect a heat map tool to live in the page's reporting. I think being able to see clicks on negative/empty space would be good (could help us understand where our pages may be misleading), but obviously valid clicks are the main priority.

I can't think of a need for viewing clicks on an individual basis, but that doesn't mean others couldn't make use of that level of granularity. A heat map for individual pages (and landing pages!!!!!) would be good - not sure that a high level, site-wide overview would be as useful.

I really hope your team is able to make this feature happen! Thanks for all your hard work!

Sujay

This was recommended over 5 years ago, do you have a time line at all on when maybe this will be possible? I am aware other added on tools such as Google Analytics can probably be used. 

DDrury5

Any news on this? It's hard to provide a holistic analysis without heatmapping on landing pages and B variants. @a_schumacher or @dmastin  Can you provide an update for us?