HubSpot Ideas

SteveJenns

Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

I would like to set up field dependencies for Contact Properties, to ensure that my Sales/Marketing team are updating contact details correctly.

For example, I would only want certain fields to be editable against a contact record if another field against the contact had a certain value.

Thanks!

Steve

312 Replies
JordanW

This would be extremely valuable.  Any recent ETA on this functionality?

Could this be extended to all properties? Specifically, Ticket Properties as well rather than just Contacts & Companies?

Thank you!

VictorG-gU

@shajones  Any update on this feature?

This would be very helpful for us...

SSchwager

Crazy that this "idea" has been submitted in 2017, and a SaaS does not implement a basic feature like this for five years. Other CRMs with less cost have it. 

SLane1

Any updates on this? This feature would be extremely valuable. 

Thanks!

finchi123
Participant

I've messaged HubSpot's CEO and all product directors. Hopefully will have feedback soon

traviskl
Contributor

Having field depencies on Deal Line Items would also be incredibly helpful. It will allow for much more flexibility for our team who has multiple products to sell that require different information to execute.

clboudreau
Participant | Platinum Partner

Any update on this?  Would love to know if it's out of review and in Dev't!  

MissTipsi
Top Contributor
Had a meeting with Product team about this yesterday (PM and Designer), so
they are on it. No indication of timeframe for beta or wider release, still
seemed quite preliminary unfortunately.
saraspangler

Would love to see this implemented! Specifically, we'd use this in deal properties, where it would only show certain properties based on selections for the type of deal they're working. For example, we have some software subscriptions that would have ARR / deal terms attached, and other deals that would just be one-time project fees. Our Sales people get confused when they see a list of fields that aren't applicable to them, and being able to only show what they need would be SO helpful for adoption. 

Uusteri
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Any updates on this? This is extremly important for HubSpot users. I see so many use cases for this and Enterprise customers can't live without this feature. 

One of many is that companies have a dropdown for closed won/lost reason (Tracking reasons for winning/losing deals). Text is good to have but analytics wise quite impossible to follow. So having an option in a dropdown that states ''Other'' and when chosen the user would have to write the reason. 

For global companies this is a must have feature simply for segmenting their customers based on country/region. 

Really hope to hear some news regarding this soon. 

shajones
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! Our team is actively researching and scoping out a solution for this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible. If you are interested in giving feedback while we are in the research phase, please send me a message and we can set up some time to chat.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

VictorG-gU

Hi @jschmid !

It is great to hear that you are working on it and hope we do not need to wait to much to have it online. It would be important to have this feature not only for contact properties, but for all subjects (tickets and deals). I believe the use case is valid for all subjects.

Thank you in advance,

Victor

jphilbrook
Contributor | Partner

@shajones Wahoo!!! Best news. There are tons of situations where this is necessary. I can't wait until this is in beta. 

CateDuarte
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

This is a requirement that is coming up more and more. Looking forward to having it released. 

AmyDwyer
Member | Elite Partner
Delighted to particpate in giving feedback!
WSmith

This would be VERY helpful for us! 

We have a "Contact Type" field with options for Prospect, Client, Industry Contact, etc, where Industry Contact is essentially a referral partner. We would like to have a dependant field for "industry type", i.e.: Broker, Attorney, Staffing, Consultant, Other, that is required and preferably automated when "Industry Contact" is selected. This will enable us to create lists we can use for sales or marketing campaigns with specific messaging that is targeted by the referral partner's industry.

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

Awesome to hear Shay, will ping you a message

GregZ

Don't forget to consider how this will impact playbooks.

MBrommekamp
Participant

I can see from @shajones that this is in development now. Amazing! 
Can you provide us with a rough estimate of when we can expect this feature? 

Amy_Brierley
Contributor

Great news @shajones 🎉