HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Export Tasks from CRM

When we have tasks that require collaboration, or even perhaps meetings to define job roles or other action items associated with those tasks, it would be nice to be able to export the tasks in single cut sheets, but also, it would be nice to export the list of tasks in an excel format with the notes associated for planning, meetings, etc.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 22, 2019 06:35 AM

Hi HubSpot Community, 

Thank you for your continued input and feedback. Task export is now live to all users. You can find details and instructions on how to start exporting tasks using this knowledge article

March 17, 2019 07:06 AM

Thank you all who have submitted the form. As of today, you are all able to see the option to export tasks from the HubSpot CRM. 

For any continued feedback on Task Export - please share it directly with me via this form.

In Beta
March 14, 2019 04:19 PM

Hi HubSpot Community,

I'm excited to let you all know that task export is now in beta. If you would like access to task export, please fill out this form. Once you have filled out the form, I will be personally emailing those who have been given access.

We do plan to release this functionality to all users within the next few weeks as well. 

As always, the HubSpot Product Team is thankful for your continued feedback! 

Re: Export Tasks from CRM - changed to: In Planning
December 28, 2018 08:25 AM

Hi HubSpot community,

Thank you for your continued input on this post and the ability to export tasks from the HubSpot CRM. We are currently planning and preparing to begin development on this feature in 2019. Please keep an eye on this post for updates as we begin to roll it into a beta program. Feel free to continue posting your team's specific plans and intended uses of exported tasks. 

Thank you again for your feedback, it is extremely valuable to all of us on the HubSpot Product Team. 

- Dylan 

September 13, 2018 07:47 AM

Thank you for your input @jasonkeen - this is something we're still calculating the best approach for, it is on our minds and something we hope to build but we aren't quite there yet. I will update this post once we have a more clear timetable. 

Not Currently Planned
April 04, 2017 01:44 PM

62 Replies
passyp

Totally agree with this. It would be very nice if it is possible to export tasks like i can export daily, weekly and monthly marketing (new lead) reports to a specific set of receivers. The possibility to split task reports on manager, team and user level would be nice. 

In this way I’m able to send weekly (open) task reports by email to the management team to discuss the performance of teams. These old fashion guys still like print, so excel export printed on paper would be awesome. 

Currently I’m doing this with marketing reports, a copy of this functionality to the task list would do the trick.

acollyer

We would love to see this too please to be able to monitor our reps progress!

ipritchard

Being able to report on tasks, by activity, and by contact type is really important and it seems like it wouldn't be that challenging to implement. 

Use case:

As a manager, I would like to understand how many actions it takes to connect with a client. I'd like to be able to report on the separate actions taken on the account to understand how much effort goes into managing a client. This seems like basic functionality and would add such value to Hubspot from a CRM perspective.  Reporting only on "last activity" or "last contact", or not being able to pull task lists and data is weak and grounds for considering another platform.

If we could have access to raw data feeds, we'd be able to create our own reports which would be a fine substitue.

fifibonbebe
Participant

We would love this to - helps us to review and cover other peoples tasks when they go on holiday or are out for illness in the team etc.

NuEnergen
Participant

This is a must. Looking forward to being able to export task list for enhanced workflow. Also, a column needs to be added which shows who the task was "assigned by". As a Marketer, I need to be able to assign mutliple tasks to different members of my Sales team, and report on the results of those assignments.

JennMunson

Please consider this functionality. It's something our company needs to follow up with large portfolios and not miss anything.

Crazzeetrain

So for over a year, have been people asking for this. You simply say not planned. Is there an explanation of any kind or does HubSpot not care to explain why they are not developing this?

Dhaskell0621
Participant

Still waiting on this feature. 

Even more important is to enable the Task Object to have the ability to do workflows and list creation!

malrick

Would really love to be able to export tasks to excel format. 

jasonkeen

Hello? Is anyone there? Right now, not having this feature makes me Smiley Sad. Please create this feature so I can be Smiley Happy

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you for your input @jasonkeen - this is something we're still calculating the best approach for, it is on our minds and something we hope to build but we aren't quite there yet. I will update this post once we have a more clear timetable. 

fkrabberod

Definitely a feature I am missing! Especially working with many tasks at once, being able to export to excel gives a better overview as well as filtering and sorting options.

JanaB
Top Contributor

While this feature is not available in native Hubspot export, you can use third-party tool Import2 WIzard to export tasks and filter while exporting for example by status (complete, in progress etc) or by creation date for example.

Screen Shot on 2018-09-14 at 19_25_45.pngHere is an overview on extracting sales activities from Hubspot: https://blog.import2.com/extracting-client-engagement-history/

markjnor
Participant

Yes please! This is something our sales team are asking for as they manage a lot of tasks in Hubspot and find it useful to export and share with others.

FrankTheTank
Participant

This is something I need. We have such a volume of tasks being created and completed it would be so valuable to be able to export the full list and pivot out relevant data for our teams. This is much easier than the reporting add-on. 

idmark

Tasks needs to be available to export. Along with "Notes" and Recorded Calls". I would never have signed up for Hubspot had I known the data that my company puts in can't be exported!!! I was able to import this information from Salesforce to Hubspot but Hubspot won't let me export this same information? This is MY data? I cannot recommend this to any other business owner until this is fixed. This was never explained to be while talking to MANY Hubspot sales personel. 

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. 

Steven_Loepfe
Participant | Elite Partner

Please add task list export, just like in the other tools (eg. deals). Would make things in a collaborative meeting setting easier.

ccoxcatm

This needs to be a fast-tracked feature. Since project information cannot be filtered on a per-user basis this export feature would at least help as a stop-gap for performance reporting.

rickuz
Participant

I agree. We also send some direct mail to people in workflows. We assign a task (a to do) to someone, and I'd like that person to be able to export their tasks in a spreadsheet AND be able to select the fields to export like street address, city, state, etc.  That way they can do a mailmerge to labels, and easily track between the completed mailing and the completed tasks in Hubspot. 

Juanjo1

Seria muy importante el que podamos tener las tareas para exportar, así también llevamos un registro de ellas y no se podrán borrar de ningún lado. 

muchas gracias