HubSpot Ideas

Jason3

Email reminder default settings

Currently when you create a task the default email reminder is set to on.  Personally, I do not need emails sent to me for every task as I am actively logged into HubSpot all day and make many calls etc. My inbox would be bombarded.

It would be nice to be able to adjust the default to No reminder or any other option. Right now I have to go clear it for each task that gets created or remember to choose No reminder before saving. 

http://prntscr.com/gu3dw4

59 Replies
StephanyWHP
Contributor

I saw a post in the forums where it was established there is no option to disable email reminders from automatically being added to tasks because "most people want them." While most people might want them, there should be an option where those who don't can choose to turn them off in the settings. Some members of our team have upwards of 70-80 tasks a day, so it's not useful to receive so many emails if we are spending most of our time in HubSpot. 

In the same vein, at the very least can we make it so when you're bulk updating task due dates, email reminders are an *option* and don't automatically get added? Even if the tasks I'm updating had no email reminder to begin with, I have to clear them out each time during a bulk edit. 

AndyBauer
Participant

Yes!! I couldn't agree more and have received this feedback from the sales department as well.

It would be nice if we'd have the ability to change the settings for default of Email Reminders for Tasks OR make the default No Reminder!

stinhambo
Contributor

Yes please! I also don't need a reminder for any of my tasks.

andygould
Contributor

I don't want an email for every task every day. That's the point of the list of Tasks in HubSpot in the first place. I'd like to see a button to disable all task notifications as a default, so when creating a Task the notification area is blank. Then you can set it if you want, and only get email notifications for important Tasks, being able to see the rest in the list. 

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @andygould This is a great suggestion. I'm going to move this to suggestions forum for further comment.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

andygould
Contributor

Thanks! The challenge here is that reps get notifications for everything, so when a workflow throws something important in, they'll miss it. I'm just testing right now, and already getting annoyed at so many email notifications for tasks. Would love love love to see HubSpot whip a toggle up. 

lasd218

I just discovered how to turn off reminders. I am a new user and I stumble around quite a bit. Here it is....

SETTINGS - SALES - NOTIFICATIONS (it will tell you the site moved and give a link) the link is PROFILES & PREFERENCES. Under P&P click on Reminder. That is where you can turn off reminders, at the mobile and email level.

Cheers!

Trae

Yes!

CSG
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

I second this. The task menu is enough. Email reminders create clutter. 

domcat
Participant

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Also the ability to add our own custom Task Types (To-do, Email, Call) please.

HubSplat001
Participant

The above process by @lasd218 is no longer valid. 

I Figured it out effective 5/30/2018.

1. In the upper right, by your User ID Tag, click the "bell" notification symbol. 

2. Select the "gear" Icon. This will send you to the 'Profile & Preferences' menu

3. Select "Reminder" 

4. Deselect email reminders for due tasks. 

Also, I would go ahead and adjust your preferences for notifications as well. If you are using hubspot free, some of these notifications go against your maximum, and many of them are completely unneccessary. Make sure only the notifications you really want are selected to maximize your value. 

Curt1

Hey Hubspot...I was about to post an idea about this but it looks like it's already out there as a request...please pick this ball up and run with it asap.

marshah
Contributor

Sales is on me every day to get this done. They HATE having to click "None" for the reminder everytime they create a call or task! And I hate that they're irritated about something that should be a simple fix.

marshah
Contributor

I can turn them off as you indicated but when youre creating a call it automatically defaults to send a reminder to "Day Of" unless she clicks the "None" in the dropdown list.

Does the above solution you mentioned override or negate the email reminder no matter what the drop down is set to? 

I've tried testing but nothing happens one way or the other.

HubSplat001
Participant

Hey @marshah

I noticed also that when you are actually ON a contact record or a company record and you are creating a Task, it still adds the email notification by default, even if you have the default setting off. However when you MASS CREATE tasks from the company or contact list views, no email alerts are created in those cases.

It would be great if this setting applied to both scenarios, but it does not. 

Seano

Yes so true

Who nees anymnore emails in a day! !!

larry99
Participant

Another yes vote from me.  Our sales staff gets overwhelmed with reminders if they don't set it on the less critical prospects.  The ability to change the default would be a great improvement.

tomsedgwick
Contributor

I've had 3 sales guys ask me about this now! It's an extra two clicks for every task, which adds up.

AdamB

Yes, please, add this feature. I get enough emails as it is. I am active enough I do not need unneeded reminders. 

breakthruchamp

This issue alone makes me want to stop using the software. I have to do this hundreds of times per day!!!!