HubSpot Ideas

dunnpatrickj

Due Date Status Filter

Hey everyone,

I had reached out to support recently for assistance in finding a filter for Due Date status.

My hope was to create an active list with a specific property like "lead status (example)" set to "active prospect (example)," but for tasks that are overdue specifically.

While I can obviously do this in views, or set a specific date to filter by, I would love for it to be a filter.

The ideal scenario for us would be to add a filter such as: "Lead Status (example)," is any of *whatever* -AND- Due Date is any of "overdue" or "upcoming."

Due Date is any of "overdue" or "upcoming" is the primary ask here.

Support and I tried the following filter: Task completion date is unknown -and- Task status is none of Completed or In progress. This still showed all contacts with the "Lead Status (example)" filter even if the task date was upcoming OR past due.

This overdue tag in the contact screen is being applied to the task based on the Due Date (red box next to the task that says overdue), but is not a property that is saved to the contact record and at this time, Hubspot cannot filter based on Overdue status. Most unfortunate!

I have attempted to use multiple filters to achieve this but have not achieved the desired result. Again, I know that I can see this in other views but what we would like is it to be available to filter this in an active list. I hope this can be easily added, thank you!

9 Replies
AntoninCrestois
HubSpot Employee

Second that idea and would like to add the option to be able to filter based on a task's due date within lists or even workflow enrollment triggers!

SpencerHodgson
Participant

I agree that this would be very helpful!! We use a third party to actively call, and if we use call tasks to differentiate when to call someone, not having a "due date" or "overdue" filter under list filters means that essentially the tasks themselves are useless, because you can't filter through them and see the ones that matter in list form, only in a task queue. But the task queue won't even let you select all the contacts in it, so it definitely can not match the function of an actual list.

dunnpatrickj

Same here @SpencerHodgson

It's been 7 months since I submitted this and I haven't heard a peep from any developers or administrative staff. Pretty unfortunate considering most of us live out of a CRM and pay quite a bit of money for its use. Would be nice to have some sort of engagement or acknowledgment regarding this.

Makes using calling tools and list exports a PITA as the workload to sort tasks is egregious. 

SpencerHodgson
Participant

@dunnpatrickj 

This is kind of how the ideas section goes. I follow an idea that is extremely high priority for our needs involving workflows and tasks (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-workflows-to-delete-or-mark-tasks-complete/idc-...) and that one went multiple years before getting a "this isn't on the docket to change" message. And that was basically it. The best thing to do is post here, get people to upvote and comment on it, and try to show that it is important to our day to day needs. I spent like 2 hours today clicking manually to add people from a task queue into a static list so that I could have a "workaround" to this need, but if I were at a company with more than a few calling salespeople it would have been a monumental task.

KKaderly

Been following this one for a while. This would be a huge benefit for me so we can see what may be coming up for the next year. Now I have to take all my projects and hand enter them in our tracking spreadsheet for the rest of my team. 

CTerrell

I second this - Just got off of chat with someone about this. We are using a new tool that can allow for mass calling but it only pulls in lists. I was trying to create an active list of call tasks that are due today and was told that this filter is unavailable. 

casebook_brian
Contributor

The workflow possibilities are expanded exponentially with this feature. 

jimhuang_0531
Participant

Desperately need this. Especially for marketer to realize the upcoming task of all contacts so that we could give immediate suppport.

squigglebit
Contributor

Bumping this, can't believe 6 months later we've still not got this functionality.