HubSpot Ideas

Siddall

Define our Fiscal Year / Quarters

We have a lot of very nice "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "Next Quarter" filter functionality in HubSpot CRM....buuuuut, if your Company's Fiscal Year is not the same as the Calendar Year (as many are not), this "Quarter" filter functionality is not valid, and actually becomes misleading (or at best unneeded / unusable clutter in your filters).  You then must go to the "Custom Date Range" filtering functionality to obtain the correct date range.

It would be helpful and less misleading to have a Setting to define the organization's Fiscal Year.  Canned "Quarter" filters would fall inline correctly from there.

Thanks!

170 Replies
AdamAllcock

@bkeller where can we find the setting?

MattPutt
Contributor

@bkeller  - I really need to jump on this Beta. I'm having a conversation this week with seniors trying to switch us to alternatives because the reporting is not flexible enough. How can I access it? Thanks, Matt.

SWilcox
Participant

where can one find this in beta? i checked settings --> account defaults and didn't find it...

Gregorykalinc

i need to participate to the beta too 🙂 

we are supposed to switch from dynamics to hubspot in 2 weeks! and its an important feature for my sales team!

edstennett

Could I participate in this beta, please?

jmacandrews
Participant

Yes, please - I would like to participate in this beta as well. 

JakeReni

How do we opt-in to this beta?

craigvarcoe

Beta enrollment information can be found in your portal by going to the product updates section. 

"For this beta -- in the "Account Default" section of settings, you will now have an option to define your fiscal year. It will default to the calendar year, but in the dropdown are the other 11 variations of the fiscal year."

Gregorykalinc

Unfortunately i dont have the option 😞

MattPutt
Contributor

@bkeller I can't find the beta option anywhere, @craigvarcoe did you manage to activate it? Do you have a screenshot of the location, in case I'm missing it? Cheers.

JackWyndham
Participant

On the product updates page it says "This update is now in beta, you can reach out to your CSM for access. Once live, it will be available to all HubSpot users in all languages."

SWilcox
Participant

FYI for those who were hoping (like me) this would work in dashboards, where we do much of our monthly, quarterly and yearly analytics. It's not supported yet.  HS - should i create another thread to capture this or should folks upvote this to promote this addition? 

~~~~

Hi there Sean,

Thanks for reaching out to HubSpot Support!

At the moment, the fiscal year date ranges only apply in CRM views (e.g. on your contacts or deals home). The fiscal year filters are not available in dashboards and reports just yet I'm afraid.

This is definitely on the team's radar, but there isn't a concrete timeline for when this feature will be added. As the fiscal year settings are still in beta, this is good feedback for us to provide to the product team.

Currently, you will need to adjust the date range on the dashboards accordingly, e.g. using the custom date range, to filter the dashboard data to match your fiscal year. The "Last year" filter will still show the previous calendar year, and not your previous fiscal year.

I hope this clarifies!

~~~~~

MattPutt
Contributor

@SWilcox - I'm with you, I was assuming this was all in place to fix our reporting/dashboard issues. Can't believe that's not the case.

I've been having a look and I might be missing something, but have you managed to find any use for it outside of reports and dashboards? I tested it on the dealboard, but can't see any advantage over using the custom date range filter.

Granted, it's a stepping stone to getting it in reports, so I'm not complaining, just disappointed it's not that far yet 😞

AndrewShaw
Participant

@SWilcox @MattPutt I'm with you too! Nice to have a stepping stone (ie being able to specify your fiscal year), but until you can use fiscal years in reports and dashboards, the requirement has not yet been yet. This idea should not be closed as Completed.  This is an obvious requirement, first requested in 2017 - keep going please HubSpot! 

@bkeller is this the correct forum for providing this feedback? Please advise.

JackWyndham
Participant

Agreed - Please keep going with this HS! 🙂

SWilcox
Participant

@MattPutt @AndrewShaw @JackWyndham X3! 🙂 ...value is it's easier UI (fewer clicks) and sets ups standardized & emailed reports/dashes nicley.

i talked to my sales folks and they really never use those filters for contacts and deals bc those are more live and current data streams. ...but we all use it to look backwards for reports and dashboards!

FBHB
Participant

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed with the way this was "solved".  Fiscal Quarters need implementation on reports and dashboards. No one except for the people that typically pull reports care for fiscal years. Our managers and finance colleagues do not use the deals views.

It looks like the dev was pulled from this feature in the middle of his development work. 

jmacandrews
Participant

I agree this request was not fulfilled. A thread in the beta discussions forum was created here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Beta-Discussions-and-Feedback/Fiscal-Year-Beta/m-p/410143

sales
Contributor

i've been lurking on this thread for 4 years... and i've never been so excited for a new feature. However.. it's only limited to filters so it's still missing the bulk of the value. You can do it Hubspot you're almost there!!

sales
Contributor

@Gregorykalinc I pinged support and they had to enable it for my account. 

This gives me hope that they're furiously working on adding it to reports 🙂