HubSpot Ideas

grayson

Customizing "log activity" in HubSpot CRM

Hi HubSpot Development Team, 

I recommend revisiting the idea to customize log activity in HubSpot Sales. I would like my team to track "Direct Mail," and I've seen others asking about logging texts and in-app messaging. 

Thanks for considering!

Grayson 

251 Replies
BryceCurry

Fully agree, this is something we would like to edit.  Ability to tailor task types would just be one additional level of detail that is very meaningful.  I agre with Cwand, make it like the call & meeting types functionality.  

Kirshan5
HubSpot Employee

I also really want this! also to be able to report on all the different task types for all the users in a portal.

marianneslam

+1 that would be a very helpful feature for us. When a colleague sends a task they should be able to choose between priority 1 / 2 /3 and the assignee should be able to see the same prioritisation for the task.  

Suecooks

Yes, please!  I would really like to be able to customize the activity types since the sales prcess is much more than just emails, meetings and calls.  It includes dropping by and seeing cients at networking for example. As Director of Sales I want to be able to run reports based on all these activity types. 

Nbrooks101

Would like to request this too, it would be very helpful for our sales managers to report. 

harlanjesse

I also agree - since we cannot add tasks to a queue from the mobile app, we can at least give tasks a certain type and add them to a queue more easily once on the browser platform. Being able to use custom task types would help increase the usefulness of the mobile app.

Suecooks

Ideally this would be a drop down where the admin can add the types of activity relevant to their users and then it's easy for the users to log activity.   Like direct mail, met at networking event, drop by, etc.

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

YES, Admin defined activities.

PhilOPSCOM
Participant

It's amazing to me how much activity this thread has received.  Just so everyone knows, I was told the functionality has been added to HubSpot...but only if you pay for more expensive packages. 

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

There is some customization to meeting types I believe, but not the flexibility we are asking for.

BTW share this with your users and get more vote ups!

rentpingmike
Participant

Hey, @PhilOPSCOM. Unfortunately, despite the obvious demand for it and even more obvious need for it, this feature has not been implemented by HubSpot. We were told it was in Beta, but they misunderstood and that was a completely different feature. There is no update, to my knowledge, on when this will be available.

Wavelength

Would love to be able to create my own Task Types. Like: Mail, Brochure, Postcard etc.

allieccollins
Contributor

Yes we would like to tag all of our hottest prospects with a certain call type that our reps could filter on. 

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

this would make the CRM an essential tool in #ABM!

willcurran
Top Contributor

yes needed

saskia

+1 Customizable activity types

EmanuelTavares
Participant

Today I had a terrible experience.

I put new contacts in Google Contacts and the Hubspot was updated by Zappier.

To my surprise, it duplicated the contact on Google Contacts and worst, without the telephone number.

It is difficult to use.

streemer

Log an Email does not fit/is not the same as Log Text Msg/Chat... I do a lot of communicating via text message, FB Messenger, LinkedIn, etc.

sergiodavid
Participant

We need to log custom activities please !

jules-deskeo

#NEED!