HubSpot Ideas

Tangerine

Customize default country code for phone numbers

when a contact is added to Hubspot the telephone prefix is set to default to the US. I am in the UK and having to re set it for every contact is tiresome. why not have this as one of the choises in setting?

63 Replies
IDS
Participant

他の方々が仰っているのとまったくの同意見です。

しかし、最初の投稿が2017年であるのを見て、絶望感を覚えました。

KVandh
Participant

I'm currently testing Hubspot and comparing to other solutions and of course this flaw immediately becomes apparent. I'm in Belgium with country code 32 and I need to manually change the prefix every time since it defaults to 31 (The Netherlands).

It is quite astonishing to see that such a clear flaw has not been fixed, despite so many user reports since 2017. Hello Hubspot, we're talking 2022 here.

This, in combination with the lack of any reasonable historic email import possibility and the high prices, has just convinced me to drop Hubspot from my shortlist.

BlazejMiernik

I'd love to see this feature as well

DMarin5
Participant

I can see this is a problem since 2017, My sales team is spending a lot of time with this as well. 

Herman
Participant | Elite Partner

Seems a basic setting to be able to configure this in your portal. 

KVandh
Participant

"Seems a basic setting to be able to configure this in your portal. "

Exactly. I'm impressed by the way Hubspot is -not- solving basic issues like this and others. 

It looks like they have great marketing for themselves and fancy looks, but don't get the basics like good support right.

I'm turning to another solution. Less fancy UI, but at least the functionality works  as it should.

mhauri

Any updates on this issue? We do have the exact same problem!

efellefred
Participant

would be great if hubspot could have someone update us on this seemingly simple-to-implement feature...

TArnoldGZ
Participant

Throwing my hat in the ring - the country code prefix should 100% default to the users' country of origin unless otherwise set. If you want to truly expand outside of the US and take on Salesforce / SFDC, you're going to need to make this happen.

DS05

Hey Tangerine,

You can do this by clickling the "User Icon" 👤 in the top right corner and selecting "Profile & Preferences".

Select "General" on the left hand side and go to the "Profile" tab.

If you scroll down you will see the option to change "Language", "Date, time and number format" and "Phone number" to reflect your local region.

Hope this helps!

C_Walsh

Making every other country a second class citizen when it comes to the default country code for numbers entered into forms seems ridiculous. Just allow your customers to set their default country code, and save us the time on editing each lead's phone number before calling them through HubSpot. @kyle_jepson

Folks - please hit the upvote icon so this registers with the product team!

thanks,

Colm

TArnoldGZ
Participant

@DS05 unless I'm mistaken, the settings you're referencing don't affect the default phone country code for all contacts getting entered into the CRM, it just affects the phone number that you, the user, can be contacted at. @Tangerine 

DS05
Hey TArnoldGZ - the setting updates the default county code when adding a
new contact. I am in New Zealand and when I create a new contact it
defaults to +64.
DS05
Hey Colm,

You can update the country code by clicking the "User Icon" 👤 in the top
right corner and selecting "Profile & Preferences".

Select "General" on the left hand side and go to the "Profile" tab.

If you scroll down you will see the option to change "Language", "Date,
time and number format" and "Phone number" to reflect your local region.

Once you have updated these options the default country code will change
when adding a new phone number.

Hope this helps 😊
TArnoldGZ
Participant

Thank you @DS05 ! 

Amantha

This doesn't seem to work while adding from the mobile app, has anyone successfully had this work?

TorbenHansen1

TorbenHansen1_0-1668520315339.png

Come on Hubspot !

This prefix request was raised a couple of years ago.

I ( AND MANY OTHERS ) need a country specific prefix for Addresses and telephone numbers.

You are the only global CRM who hasn´t this incorporated yet

ks7
Participant

Totally agreed,in Japan.

RSamery
Participant

This suggestion has over 100 upvotes, is 5 years old, and is still getting the attention of those nonUS customers who care to take the time to write.

This may be a good opportunity to reinforce thegreat customer care shown elsewhere on this platform

Best!

AKaras

Full agreement!

HubSpot please listen our requests