HubSpot Ideas

fxholl

Create and share task queues with other users

I created some queues for my tasks to organize the tasks.  Sometimes I need to pass a task to someone else to complete.  It would be great to have the ability to share queues, so shared tasks in a queue would already appear in the correct queue for the person who inherit the task.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 27, 2020 07:26 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

I am please to announce that Shared Task Queues are now live to all Sales and Service Professional & Enterprise users.

With Sales or Service Professional or higher, you can now create and share task queues right from the tasks app in your HubSpot account. You can then use workflows or sequences to create tasks automatically and assign those tasks to shared queues. Learn more about how shared queues work.

Thank you,

Scott

In Beta
March 06, 2020 11:26 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Shared task queues are now in beta!

If you already filled out this form, I'll be in touch shortly with access for your HubSpot account. If you haven't yet filled it out, please do so and that will notify me that you want access to the beta. 

Please note that in order to create shared queues or to add users to a shared queue, users will need to have paid access to the Sales Professional or Sales Enterprise edition of HubSpot. 

Thanks for your patience and please let me know if you have any questions. 

Scott

In Planning
February 14, 2020 02:14 PM

Hi HubSpot Community,

I appreciate your patience here. This feature is now in the alpha phase of testing. We're granting access to a first group of customers next week (beginning Tuesday 2/18).

If you haven't already signed up to be notified when the feature is available (or to get beta access) please do so here: https://forms.gle/LPUbTTsawgkU4d9e7

Please keep in mind that we typically roll our alphas and betas slowly, so even though we are beginning to grant access to some customers, it may still be a few weeks before this is in a volume beta and before we can get everyone on this thread access. This is to ensure we're building the best product possible before rolling out to a wider audience. 

Thanks again for your patience and I look forward to getting shared queues to everyone here very soon. 

Scott

October 28, 2019 05:32 AM

@timwright @TommyG - this feature is currently under development. I will update the issue status to "In Beta" once the feature is available. Stay tuned. 

In Planning
August 01, 2019 12:55 PM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Scott from the product team here.  We are priotizing this work in the coming weeks have a prototype ready for feedback. If anyone would like to participate in our usability testing next week, please submit your name on the following form and we'll reach out to schedule a time with you: https://forms.gle/LPUbTTsawgkU4d9e7

Here's a sneak peak of the feature:

Tasks_Main_W_Shared_Queue.png

We'll use this time as an opportunity to chat through your use case and to walk you through our proposed solution. 

Thank you!

Scott

In Planning
February 12, 2019 04:03 PM

February 12, 2019 04:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we do plan on working on in the near future. The development team needs to do some final planning but expect this functionally at some point in Q2 this year. 

110 Replies
mallan

Please add a view to tasks that shows who created the task.

For example I want to view all tasks assigned to me by one individual user or team member. 

Thanks

johnnyvig_old

It would be really helpful as an administrator of the CRM, to setup a call queue for my sales agents. Perhaps from a list or a set of criteria. Or from the contacts screen but assign them to a different agent than myself. It would be a huge help to have this feature added.

Emily2
Participant

When I create and assign tasks to any of my collegues, I never know if they completed my task or not - by just looking into the CRM.  It would be great if I could view tasks that I assigned to my collegues.  Also, It would be awesome if I could be notified when someone updates tasks assigned by me.  

candijsmith

I would like a way to view all of the tasks assigned to my team. We can create custom views in the other modules but not in tasks. Currently, I have to filter per individual team member only. Having a way to filter tasks by team would simplify managing my team's workload and also allow members of other teams visibility into each each other's activities.

candijsmith

I would like a way to view all of the tasks assigned to my team. We can create custom views in the other modules but not in tasks. Currently, I have to filter per individual team member only. Having a way to filter tasks by team would simplify managing my team's workload and also allow members of other teams visibility into each each other's activities.

tabbs

Just came looking for an answer to this myself...
We have sales people who need to share workload on task queues and this would be a powerful tool to add.

msjain
Participant

This will be very useful for sales managers. 

amcguire

This is a critical need for our team.   On Task Queues – Need the ability to create team level Task Queues or have the ability for one user to be able to assign a task to another user's defined Task Queues.  Scenario -  Outside Sales rep creating call list for their Inside Sales rep to execute.

Elbarto

This would be a very usefull addition for sure!

We also want to se this happen 🙂 Would be awesome to share some task queues. 

//Tommy

mphnyc
Participant

This is a really really important feature. 

Use Case: I have LDRs (Lead Develop Reps) to whom I would like to assign tasks in a queue (as in, what we did when we had the "Call Queue").  I don't want to own them, I want the LDR to own them and I need them to be able to see a Queue that I created... and shared quuees that can be seen by the team. 

Thank you 

WarrenE
Participant

Support this idea, with the addition of the "HubSpot Teams" feature that was released a few months ago, it would be great to be able view tasks esp. overdue tasks per team.

The custom reporting add-on also has very limited functionality around engagement reporting. The one "incomplete tasks" is not that informative (although you can filter by team). Ideally we should have a Kanban board for "Teams":

Filter by Team.png

Wiingaard

+1.. We need this feature too 🙂 

joso29
Participant

This would be really useful

SpoolJB

I really need this for my team 

Velipekka
Participant

One up from me as well. Just started as a Sales Manager and I love using queues in my own work. Would be nice to manage my team thorugh them as well.

Walt
Participant

Agreed - not knowing who created the task and when it was created loses accountability with our team

kanioma
Participant

I agree, to be able to share a queue with othert users is really needed. 

Jeanettev
Participant

I agree with the rest. Very much needed in our team. 

ddekoning

My 2cents: This is an essential feature for organizations that work with different layers of sales personell. As they can now eaily prioritize work that needs to be done ASAP and better comply with KPI's or any other form of analysis on performance.