HubSpot Ideas

Adam-SixandFlow

Create a 'Today's Date' field in Hubspot

Currently, you have no date property that tells you today's date. This is genuinely a critical function if you are going to compete with other CRMs. How can a sales team set and keep SLAs if they can only look at the time spent in stage retroactively? Please fix it or bring in a "Today's Date" field so people can work around it using a calculated property and some basic automation i.e.

• Enters deal stage > set date picker to "date of entry"
  • Calc field = time between "Date of entry" & "Today's Date"
  • Report = all deals with "Calc field" >7
  • Automation = id "calc field">7 notify salesperson and manager.

This is a huge hole in the system and is going to cost your partner's deals. A simple addition like this would unlock a lot of potential within the system.

62 Replies
rwolupo
Top Contributor

oh yes, i would love that!

OliviaB
HubSpot Employee
rwolupo
Top Contributor

oh this sounds nice. Thx @OliviaB 

dhale

This is certainly a must have more than a nice to have for our team!

LauraGB

Mind blown that this doesn't exist. The absence of this function is all over the "ideas" section, albeit in different posts. I've now spent three weeks working with the support team to attempting to create a workflow that will do this (there is a workflow design posted in the community but unfortunately, it wouldn't work). I am less than delighted that something so basic is not available. Wonder how much time HS has spent in support solving this for many customers over the years - might have been easier to just have the programmers put the function in. I discussed this with my programming team to see if I was missing some complexity that would preclude this. We're baffled as well. I'd be curious to hear why it's not there? It's always tempting to program new things but the basics shouldn't be ignored.

TimWheeler79

To utilize today's date in a workflow is simply foundational to any marketing automation platform.

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Yep. I don't need a today's date field. I just need for the calculation of date to include today's date as an option when picking the fields! I also need it to calculate SLA. 

ShaiR

This would really be great to have and such a basic funtionality.

RandyPeterson
Participant

There are at least three different threads requesting this basic feature and hundreds of upvotes, but I can't see any response on any of them from HubSpot. Why?

MTBCybermaniacs

Hubspot. You have to get it together. Your functionality is lacking in so many areas compared to Salesforce. I am crippled without functions like this. Please actually listen to your CRM driven clients and make updates that get a high volume of votes. 

HBaron0

sad they havent built this yet. Hubspot you need to build this...

HarrisonBaron
Participant | Partner

Please create this its been almost 2 years.

JMeeks

This would be a great added feature.

JBowman1

This is sorely needed please make it happen

drittman

This would be very helpful

BPayne1

Sounds good.

ANewmanQx

Much Needed, basic feature!!

Josiah

Agreed!!!

LBall

This would be a nice feature!

JAWS

That would be a grea new and required feature.