HubSpot Ideas

bowlinshoes

Business Card Scanning on iOS

We've had quite a few users asking if we could integrate our iOS and Android CRM with other business card scanning apps. We're going to do one better and build a business card scanner right into our CRM apps.

JULY UPDATE: We're close...really close to having a version of business card scanner for iOS and a brand new update for Android. We need people to try out this new feature and make sure it's just right before we release it to the App Store / Play Store. If you'd be interested in getting an early peek you can sign up here.

89 Replies
Michikunz77

Yes - go for it!

Danimal26

Hello,

Any update on when you will bring business card scanning feature to iOS? It would be super useful in the field and it appears there is quite a demand from this thread alone. Not sure why you would bring it to Android, but not iOS..

Thanks

Buishi

I would love to see this.

RichardDuff

The IOS business card scanner charges £15 per hundred scans. Is the android business scanner free to use?

If so when are we getting this feature in the IOS app please? most users in my Sales Team are Iphone users.

zmadrigal

Great idea and much needed! Any update? Thanks

katja
HubSpot Employee

Hey @vishnu! The USC team works with a lot of our free users who would greatly value this capability on iOS - to the tune of probably 5 unique requests per week (so, roughly every day).

I'll continue pointing users here for updates. Anything you had in the way of a rough estimate?

EBZENPME
Participant

Pleaseeee IOS. Thanks.

zmadrigal

I downloaded an ISO app called HubSpotCRM and works fine to integrate business cards into HubSpot. Not sure if is OEM for HubSpot but is does work. Am I missing something? Thanks 

keysersosa

I would really appreciate an intergration into the IOS App as well. Just swapped from an Huawei Mate 9 Android to Iphone X and I am really disappointed that one of my favourite apps is incomplete. Is there an Apple related reason why this hasn't been added to the IOS App or are you still in progress? I really consider to go back to Android for this.....

chrisronzio

So slow! How many pages of market research do you want to collect before you think it makes sense to have an equal feature set for Android and iOS users? 

EricHeininger

iOS please?

Bensmith

Any updated ETA on the iOS card scanner feature?

brandon

I agree it appears it has been over a year of members requesting this feature. Is there an ETA for this feature?

Avivhod

Hey Hubspot

Your card reader for Android works great. I even believe you are making some money of it.

However, some people in our company are, well, let's say it as it is - iphone users.

I think it's time you allow them scan their cards, in stead of dropping them on Android owners' lap.

Thanks

daisylepage
Participant

If this worked for iPhone this would be great! Any Update? Would save a lot of pain for employees who travel frequently to conferences.

dimahonta

Can you maybe just inform as, as soon as the iOS business card scanning app will be ready?

TBrown

It's been exactly a year since the Android card scanner was introduced. What is the status of this update being applied to iOS? Please update. Thanks.

bowlinshoes
HubSpot Product Team

I know everybody has been waiting for this.  We're close...really close to having a version of business card scanner for iOS and a brand new update for Android. We need people to try out this new feature and make sure it's just right before we release it to the App Store / Play Store. If you'd be interested in getting an early peek you can sign up here.

Danimal26

@bowlinshoes Thank you for the update. Signed up for your beta testing. Hopefully it will be available soon as I will be attending several conferences in the coming weeks. Thanks again.

TomBoon

Hi, I just downloaded a business card reader by Magneticonemobile it works great and updates my CRM seamlessly. I just wanted to make sure that they are a trustworthy source?