HubSpot Ideas

GabbyS

Bulk replace CTAs

We've run into situations a few times now with clients where a CTA they have is no longer applicable. Most recently, a client had to remove an offer they have on their website, which had an accompaying CTA on 35 different blog posts. HubSpot said I would have to manually replace the CTA on all of those blog posts, or I suppose I could update the actual CTA to point to something different, but it would be nice to keep the old CTA for reporting/analytics purposes.

Instead, it would be incredibly helpful if there was an option to bulk replace the CTA that lives on those 35 blog posts with an already existing CTA. 

6 Replies
CobbleStoneS

We've also run into this issue. We needed to mass replace a CTA for an event that already passed. It took hours to update blogs containing the CTA and a streamlined process for this with a CTA replacement tool would be helpful.

SaschaN
Participant

Same here. I need to replace about 500 of them! Support told me there need to be at least 150 upvotes that product team even takes it into consideration. So we will eventually never see this feature -> or we find 148 more upvotes. 😉

Tiff_Commonfund
Contributor

I agree completely! We are also implenting some new organizational things such as naming conventoins and I have to do them all manually!  A bulk update/upload would be very helpful.

TiagoP

+1 This would be very helpful!

JMeisinger
Participant | Platinum Partner

This seems like it should be one of the primary functionalities of the CTA feature! To make it easy to bulk replace them as you publish new content.

LSivek

Agreed, 4 years later! Since HubSpot implemented the the new CTA platform and finally allowed the Legacy to be migrated, (a course of action I found to very implements in a very backward manner as far as order of operations), we have had nothing but problems and time spent resolving them.

We learned migrated CTAs: Replaced CTAs we had built more recently; Lost the corner settings  and text colors so they all became rectangles where many had round corners; the text background colors were changed to different shades, creating many CTAs that had white text ona  bright yellow or light blue background making them impossible to read. 

My best resolution so far: Redesigning each CTA in the current file to the standard button, which in most cases worked. That replaced them all on the locations. That did not solve all spacing issues since some of them were created with a different embedded template size. But it came close. 

We have hundreds of pages with multiple CTA buttons on them. It has so far taken me 24 working hours to resolve just half of them. This has been a huge waste of time and rescources caused by HubSpot's migration programming. We can't be the only small business using HubSpot that has a small marketing department.