HubSpot Ideas

jochenvp

Better ad analytics & reporting

The ad reporting and analytics gives an nice overview of how the  ads are performing, but we miss a stage to measure conversion rate here.

It shows: Impressions - Clicks - Contacts - Deals (won)

There should be a step (preferrably customizable) when a deal is created for example or MQL, SQL.

5 Replies
jfrade
HubSpot Employee

Hey @jochenvp ,

My name is Jason, I work on the Ads team here at HubSpot. Thanks so much for the feedback! I will definitely bring that back to my team and to discuss further reporting options. In the meantime, you can report on MQL and SQL at a campaign level if you click on "Add metrics" there will be more column options that you can add to your table.

I hope that helps a little bit!

Jason

jochenvp
Participant

That's already something yes, thanks!

To elaborate on the previous. The reason why I would like to have it on the top "funnel" is that we can se a cost break-down as well. Like cost per MQL, cost per SQL etc.

jfrade
HubSpot Employee

@jochenvp  Ahhh ok awesome that's super helpful to know! What are all the metrics would you like to be able to see in that top data well funnel?

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

Hi @jfrade 

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't really get the use of MQL and SQL in the conversion reporting for Ads. They refer to stages in a funnel so obviously a contact can become an MQL and then an SQL, Opportunity, Customer etc

Ads reporting right now seemingly shows a snapshot at a given point in time. It isn't of particular use to know that as of right now there are X MQLs associated to a given campaign, rather I want to know that a given campaign has generated Y number of  MQLs over time, independently of whether those Y contacts are now MQLs, SQLs, Opps or Customers.

To do this reporting now it means exporting everything to Excel and using the "Became an MQL date" property etc. It's really a bit cumbersome.

Thanks

ThomasReveillon

Hi, 

On top of this, would it be possible to generate a report that can be placed in a dashboard? Let me explain.

When you are opening the Marketing > Ads tab, you have this nicely presented funnel: Impressions > Clicks > Contacts > Customers.

Then, when you click on the Analyze tab, you are able to look deeper into data like impressions, clicks, etc. You can even add them to a dashboard. 

Although, and that's where the issue is, it is impossible to get that simplified view (Impressions > Clicks > Contacts > Customers) to be added as a report into a dashboard.

Is there an alternative way for that or it is something that needs to be implemented by the Hubspot team?

Thank you for your help!