HubSpot Ideas

NilsK

Automatic adding of TAX (VAT) when creating quotes

We use a specific tax % on every quote so it should be possible to set a standard and e.g. add a 19% tax on every quote created automatically.

Benefits:

1. Saves times
  2. Avoid mistakes
177 Replies
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). HOWEVER, we are actively doing research into how to enable a basic tax library that would be the foundation for something like this. I can't give you an exact deadline, but please know it's top of mind for us.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

NSimonBerlin

Hi @ethankopit , thanks for the update. To clarify: We do not need a voluminous tax library. What we need is the ability to list a product, and fill in/define the VAT for this product. It's actually quite straightforward and would look like this:

Product 1          10 EUR

Plus VAT (20%)  2 EUR

Total                   12 EUR

The VAT coule be put into the product description, people could add this by hand depending on their country or local requirements. In fact, WE ARE ADDING THIS BY HAND ALL THE TIME, we just need a process where we only have to put this in ONCE and have it included automatically ever since.

CFernandezLop

Agree with this too, we're based in Spain and need to automatically set the 21% VAT rather than manually typing in. Save time and errors. and makes easier syncronize with the invoice tool.

SHerod

Automatically calculating tax % by state or integration with system like Avalara is a MUST HAVE. We don't want the IRS knocking at our door for not charging sales tax. 

AnnieRECIPE
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Correct! Super simple %15 VAT/GST here in NZ, rather than a complex library of taxes. 

As a first step roll out to set this as a setting 🙂 

OKillian
Participant

Yes, please add automatic tax in %, which is automatically preselected while creating an offer! 

So easy to realize! It would save us many mistakes, because it is often forgotten to enter.

Stopper

I'm very very suprised negative that this feature is not available.

This functionality is mandatory in many countries when sending quotes.

Please add this as soon as possible!

APrice08

another vote here, this feels like a basic setting that should have been on the quote system from the start. Id love to see this added. in the UK we add 20% VAT on all invoices.

DOuriachi
Contributor

I was very surprised that there is no basic feature for this in our quote tool too. It is really important to add it - I have used the "add a tax" line for that but it is not ideal. It's especially surprising as a former HS sales employee, I seem to remember that our quote tool did have an automatic VAT added (but I could be mistaken).

anyway, another vote in favour of adding that VAT feature asap 🙂

MGan
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting and commenting on behalf of a customer who just called in! They would like a default tax added for quotes rather than have to do it manually for every single quote created.

ShirleyTLM

This is a basic function and its really hard to understand why it is not already included and even harder to understand that it's not a priority. 

APequeño

Please, for my compnay this function is a basic too.  We need it as soon as posible.

KVanLooveren

dear all

we have just onboarded our teams and we are very surprised that this is not a standard feature.

shouldn't be too complicated to add a setting that we can configurate ourselves - % in fonction of our country

looking forward to have news in this item 

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is much needed!

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

+1 

much needed feature for a lot of clients.

MNizioł

@ethankopit hi, I just wanted to check if maybe this need apperied on your roadmap for 2023? We believe inside the company, that feature would be really helpful for our processes. Thanks for the answer in advance!

Marcin

OwenWilliams

Being able to set a default tax would be fantastic.
It would also be great to have the option to add a default one-time fee to be able to add recuring charge like a fixed delivery fee.

APetrakos
Participant

I'm quite shocked at the lack of attention to sales tax, especially since HubSpot is such a leader in all things sales & marketing. To make our sales team manually add sales tax to the states we have nexus in is ridiculous, not to mention prime spot to make errors in calculation & using the wrong tax rate. WI & FL have variable tax rates (Florida is THE WORST offender), and to make our sales team take time out of their day they could be doing sales to track down sales tax rates is silly, especially with the availablilty of tax-related tools these days!

CdeFougeroux
Participant

How long before this quite simple though essential feature is available? It's really painful for our sales to update each quote manually.

BMcCarthy5

To add default tax would be brilliant, our sales team are having to manually add the tax which is time consuming.