HubSpot Ideas

claireWorkCast

Associate products/show product associations on Company/Contact/Ticket records

Hi I would like to submit for Products not to be associated just to a deal. This information should be able to pull across to the company record, the contact level and then a workflow to tickets could be implemented. 

This would mean that when a customer submits a support ticket then the company or contact record is connected to the ticket...if Products could pull through to the ticket my support team will then know which license the customer subscribes to and then the correct support can be given to the client as the support team will easily be able to view what license the customer has. 

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
February 13, 2023 07:51 AM

Hi folks, I just wanted to take a second and give an update on this idea.  After doing discovery work with many of you to better understand the problems you're running into we've decided that more foundational work surrounding Products, Line Items, and other features is required before we can adequately address these concerns.  As such, I'm moving this idea back into Submitted state until we feel that we have the capabilities to deliver on this solution long-term for our customers.

January 14, 2022 11:27 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted you to know that my last status update (i.e. that we will achieve this feature by using Commerce objects (e.g. Deals, Subscriptions, Custom Objects) to connect Line Items to thinks like Companies or Tickets or Contacts) remains true. We don't plan on having Line Items connected directly to contacts, companies, or tickets.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment.

In Planning
December 02, 2020 02:24 PM

Hey folks - the short answer here is that we're looking into how to solve this problem by having Line Items (i.e. Products that are on a quote/deal) be associated with Orders or Subscriptions, which would then make them associated with Tickets or Contacts or Companies associated with those Orders or Subscriptions. Think of the Order or Subscription like a bridge between the Line Item and the ticket/contact/company. 

No concrete timeline yet, but we're planning.

45 Replies
ZBillings

For my company it would be important that products be able to be added to Company records without needing to be part of a quote. Tying everything to a quote is very restrictive. Out clients will regularly update their packaging with us without there being an official quote attached to the change.

Kasia_Roth

Same request as above, we need to be able to add the Product on the Company level

ReneeWoolcott
Participant

Hi @ethankopit - is there any update on including products / line items on tickets? We would really love this ability to be able to track service requests that relate to specific prodcuts. Thanks!

JDonald1
Participant

@ethankopit What's the ETA for this? If I can wave a magic wand I'd be able to see a card on the side bar with a list of products ordered all time by the contact with the product name and sum count from individual deals! And if this can be displayed also in a card on the sidebar on the associated company record that'd be awesome. Alternately it could be a link to a separate "products ordered" report as a second choice if there are limitations with option #1.

JStevens3

Need tickets associated to company to be able to be pulled just that company.  Put tickets up where email and tasks are.  This is in the recommendations pipeline.

RAnderson
Member | Partner

Hi Team,

What progression has been made on this? 

It was apparently being looked into a year ago, and has no updates...

Thanks,

MStewart76
Contributor

This is needed asap! Please make this happen Hubspot!

axusminul
Participant

This is basic!!!  Knowing which products have been purchased at a glance from the company page is what any Sales Rep wants.

Please move with this one!

odietz
Member | Partner

Should be extended to have a report (dashboard), if product sales related to companies are done. Means, a user can add product sales to a company entry and these sales could be tracked via a report.

PimKo

This would be a great addition to HubSpot. Let me give some context:

We're selling SaaS-subscriptions to companies. We would love to have insight in the licenses our (B2B)-customers have. At this moment we're looking into creating Custom Objects for this. However, all our products are already collected in the 'Products'-section (or Line Items). It would be stupid not to use this. Best case scenario would be to be able to set a start- and end-date to the association between company and product. 

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted you to know that my last status update (i.e. that we will achieve this feature by using Commerce objects (e.g. Deals, Subscriptions, Custom Objects) to connect Line Items to thinks like Companies or Tickets or Contacts) remains true. We don't plan on having Line Items connected directly to contacts, companies, or tickets.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment.

AOstergard

Having used other CRMs in the past, those systems attached products to the Company and/or contact for sales and account management - it makes sense to attach products.  We need to run reports that show utilization of those products.

JDonald1
Participant

We've worked around this by using a custom property and mapping the SKU's  from a line item on the new deals created from our ecommerce API endpoints to append values to the custom checklist-type property via a workflow. Plus we did a manual historical data import to backfill. Not perfect but it works.

AOstergard

Thank you for the reply.  Not sure I'm completely qualified to understand everything you said, yet it's a start.  I'll forward this to the Administrator of our HS for consideration.

CDinitto

This is a no-brainer to me. If Hubspot wants to compete for the Services/Client Success spaces this is a non-negotiable.

Being able to determine who has what products for what ARR is crucial at the company level.

EB_

Hi there, 

we'd like to have an overview Company / Articel. As result the sales teams sees, 1) where cross-sales opportunities are and 2) have an good overview for anual discussions.   As extended version, we'd like to have the possibility to mark articels as sales targets on Companies. 

And as third wish, we'd like to have the option, to attach files on products. this would give us the option, to attach manuals ect.

NCovert

Creating visibility and streamlining products from deal to company to service would be so valuable to get everyone on the same page. A better connection with Quickbooks Online with two directional integration would be so impactful and avoid disparate systems and manual input/error. Please help us!

ABaumgart

Would love to be able to associate line items to tickets. As an ingredient company, we frequently send out samples through tickets. We can't see the total number of pounds we send out of each SKU without overcomplicating the "Create Ticket" form.

PimKo

I'm currently in the beta of this feature. It's quite basic for now, but this already makes our work a little more efficiënt. 

Now the next step would be to calculate the Quantity based on a Company- or Contact-field. I can copy these fields from company to deal, but i can't copy them to the line items. 

VictoriaGumaer
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks, I just wanted to take a second and give an update on this idea.  After doing discovery work with many of you to better understand the problems you're running into we've decided that more foundational work surrounding Products, Line Items, and other features is required before we can adequately address these concerns.  As such, I'm moving this idea back into Submitted state until we feel that we have the capabilities to deliver on this solution long-term for our customers.