HubSpot Ideas

dhika

Assign target company status to a company record that is associated with a target parent company

Currently, a trigger by association in the workflow is nearly impossible to create + the fact that there is very limited filter that has anything to do with parent company. I would like to automate a process where if a child company is associated with a parent company that has a target account status, be it true or false (better if we can even specify), the child company should inherit that status from the parent.

4 Replies
Dan1
Guide

Hi @dhika , 

We also have come up against this challenge. We created the workflow below to assign the target account property to any child company, who's parent is a target account. I hope this helps you? If it does then please tag it as a solution 🙂 

Target account workflow.jpeg

Kind Regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1602595712260.png
dhika

Hi Dan1, thanks for your response. The IF branch feature totally went over my head! On the surface, this workflow does make sense, but when I ran a test, the child company somehow went to the "NO" branch. I will reach out to support to see if there's anything wrong with my setup.

Dan1
Guide

Hi @dhika , 

Hmmmm your right, I should have tested this further. We have played around more and it looks like it isn't possible via workflows. The link below is an old thread asking the same question, we'll add our upvote on this post. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Parent-child-company-properties-available-for-workflo...

Sorry we couldn't help further, in this case it requires some HubSpot work. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan 

dhika

No worries, all help is appreciated 🙂 I just upvoted and added my comment to that thread as well. Thanks for the link!