HubSpot Ideas

SPaine82

Allow Zoom webinar registrations to populate "First Conversion" property

1. Who: This is for our marketing team

2. What is the goal: Accurately track "First Conversion" for contacts that are acquired from a Zoom webinar registration (submit the form on a Zoom registration page, not a HubSpot form)

3. What value will this add: We count Zoom registrations as conversions, so enhancing the integration with Zoom to allow for the webinar title to populate the "First Conversion" property will give us more accurate "First Conversion" reporting.

7 Replies
BPritchard

Yes this should be included! I noticed that some registrants for webinars will register on the actual Zoom webinar page and this should also count as a conversion. 

tatianaf

Hi @SPaine82 - just curious if you found a workaround for this? I used to create landing pages (outside of HubSpot) for webinars and didn't have this issue before of identifying a first conversion from a webinar registration as a "webinar" in an internal custom property. And now I'm just using the Zoom webinar registration page to collect registrations. And now I want to do the same as your comment, to identify the contacts in HubSpot as first conversion = Zoom webinar.

SPaine82

@tatianaf - I don't believe I ever found a workaround. We dropped Zoom in '22 for BigMarker and haven't had this issue with the BigMarker integration. 

tatianaf

Okay, thanks for the quick response @SPaine82!

tatianaf

@SPaine82 - how do you like the experience doing webinars on BigMarker? (I know this is off-topic from this exact comment chain...)

SPaine82

@tatianaf —No worries! We have enjoyed using BigMarker. It's a completely different experience compared to Zoom (at least the version we were using two years ago). The plethora of control and customization options was a bit overwhelming at first, but became easier to navigate the more events we hosted. It helped to elevate our branding with live events because it creates your own "channel" that is searchable (similar to YouTube). From a presenter's experience, it's much smoother to share documents, presentations, video files, etc. You avoid the "can everyone see my screen" nonsense, haha. You have the ability to save events as templates, so you're not recreating events from scratch each time. I could go on and on, but if you are looking at other event platforms, I highly recommend exploring BigMarker. 

tatianaf

thanks for the feedback on BigMarker @SPaine82! For now we're sticking with Zoom. And still doing the "can everyone see my screen" LoL