HubSpot Ideas

MAgosta

Add "Line items" properties in workflows triggers and content

It would be very usefull to have data of the "Line items" available in workflows triggers and content.

For example,
1/ when I have a 'won deal', I'd like to send an automated email, and in this email add details of the Lines items related to the deal

2/ I would like to automatically update some deal properties depending on what Lines items have been attached to the deal

Hope you can manage to implement this soon !

6 Replies
courtney_hickey
Contributor

Hello @MAgosta,

Although I cannot find that line item detail can be included in email, I did just finish building out automations to update deal properties based on line items.

I used a deal based workflow, then set enrollment triggers based upon line items added to the deal. In my case, I used SKU numbers. Ex: when a deal is associated with any line item where SKU = 1.1234, set property value for deal target object X to value Y.

For non-value properties, I have these fields update when the deal stage is known, then re-enroll when the deal moves to a closing stage to ensure changes are captured. For value properties, I have them update when the property is known, so any time the value changes it drives a re-enrollment.

This is using SalesHub Enterprise, not sure if that is what you are using. Hope this helps!

MAgosta
Participant

Thanks @courtney_hickey for your idea ! I'll try this way !

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

I like the hack from @courtney_hickey - but I can see how your request would be a great easy-button feature @MAgosta. Upvoting! 

DBurmaz

Thank you  @courtney_hickey 🙂

courtney_hickey
Contributor

There is now a beta with limited applications called Use Associated Record Data in Workflows. However, you can only access one line item which isn't necessarily all that helpful.

DEash

We would find it extemely helpful to be able to report on and use line items/SKUs in workflows.