HubSpot Ideas

BSheck

Add ability to set a contact to a Marketing Contact from directly within their contact record

This would just be convenient to be able to change Marketing Contact Status directly within a specific contact record.

20 Replies
djc225

i cant beleive this isnt included.  Way too cumbersome to go back to main contact list to change a contact property.  

BSheck
Participant

@djc225 I agree! I was surprised to discover this limitation, but HS Support confirmed it cannot be changed except by going out to the Contacts and selecting the contact and changing the status. Would be nice if they could add this functionality to a contact record!!

jonmacdonald
Participant

Please add this feature – seems like it would be in Hubspot's benefit to do so anyways, as it would further encourage folks adding more (Hubspot revenue generating) marketing contacts.

SimonS
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Yes! Much needed!

My customers don't understand why they need to switch to the main contact page, search/select the contact and just change the status there... Way to complicated.

NLagrou
Participant

Any feedback from Hubspot on this issue?

I agree this would be handy. Now I always have to go back to the 'all contacts' overview, search for the contact and set this as a Marketing contact. This is not very user-friendly.

evanweisenfeld

Totally, the current approach is frustrating. If you are on a contact record, you should be able to change this. You shouldn't have to go to contacts and search for them again to then change it.

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

On behalf of a customer: This would be great, for each sales person to set each contact as they enter them, to be a marketing contact or not.

BSheed

Little stuff like this stops me from recommending the software to my friends.

SamuelQOtid

Yes unbelievable we can't do that

kmccann
Participant | Partner

This is a NO BRAINER! HubSpot - please do this ASAP. Currently, we need to BOUNCE out of a contact record, open a NEW Browser Tab, search for the contact in the LIST VIEW, Click on the Name, Click More, Select "Set as Marketing Contact", then TYPE the number 1 in your "are you sure?", then hit enter. 

8 STEPS TO SET A PROSPECT TO A MARKETING CONTACT! Ridiculous!

evanweisenfeld
So glad you agree - 8 steps is totally crazy. You would think this would be a simple change.
LLongendyke

I wonder why this hasn't been changed yet??

GBailey
Member | Platinum Partner

I really can't believe this isn't thing. I swear when I first started using HubSpot a few years back that it was an option via the Actions button on the contact record?...

Come on HubSpot, sort it out please 🙏

8 steps is way too much for something as simple as this. 

sgarforth
Participant

I can't believe it's been 16 months and it's still not fixed.

Rachel_KL
Participant

How in the world is this still missing 17 months later? It should have been there on day 1. It is a major pain to move from the contact record to searching for them via the contact view/search. So many unnecessary extra clicks. Why can't I toggle yes/no marketing contacts from within the contact properties? 

hannahenright
Member | Platinum Partner

This would be a very helpful feature when updating contact records. 😊

Often you need to investigate why a contact should be set as marketing which involves looking at their contact record, and their property history. It doesn't make sense to then have to go and search for a contact in the contacts view, to then update their marketing status. Having the option to update their marketing contact status directly in a contact record, would be a lot more efficient in this instance. 

brycecline11

Hey HubSpot! Please do this- this would be extremely helpful! As a new user of the software, this seems like an extremely basic function that should be included! 

LisaR
Member | Partner

YES! I don't understand why this isn't already an option. It's so inefficient the way it's set up now!

acorestpete

YESSSSS!! So every time I want to add someone, I have to go back out to the main contacts menu? This is a HUGE pain and seems to be at the very heart of why you'd have HubSpot!

jonmacdonald
Participant

Any updates on this HubSpot?