HubSpot Ideas

dazza

Accept more decimals of cent values for product price

Hello,

We were excited to see the Product Library feature. Sadly, we can't use it because it does not support fractional cents.

We need to quote $0.0250/minute (2.5 cents/minute) for usage of our product, but HubSpot rounds all dollar amounts two two decimal places ($0.03/minute in this case).

We'd prefer 4 decimal places, but we can live with three. Please HubSpot, might you consider supporting fractional cents? 

-Darren

129 Replies
KristenLaPlante

Would love to see this happen.

CSasso

This would be great!!

SEdgar3

Yes! This would be awesome! 

isaacT

Hubspot team pls do something about this, it has been a long time since are looking for this feature. We are not able to use many of the great features of the CRM unless you add this 😞

GDingman

Terrific idea - it would be a great help. 

CTurhan

We've been waiting for too long, please consider this.

How hard could it be?

Richard_Dobbe

Please make ,00 configurable, which means we can take out ,00 in quotes and other companies can add more decimals if applicable, as mentioned tons of times in this topic! HubSpot ACTION PLEASE! 🙂

ksharp

I think rounding up would be amazing and help us with our quote accuracy.

Edyta7510
Guide

Hi all, 

Some of you mentioned that you update this value using API - as of today, I have no API calls set for unit price, but this may be the only workaround - we need it badly!!! Can you let me know what you are using? 

THanks!!

Edyta7510
Guide

any updates @ethankopit ? Can this be delivered in Q1 this year? 

Josh_C
Participant

We also need this. For instance, we need to enter $0.0225 because our units are in the hundreds of thousands. You can understand what a difference a rounding of $0.02 vs $0.0225 makes when multiplied up.

Please implement this asap. Without it, using Product pricing is useless.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that sometime next quarter you will be able to add both fractional quantities in our "Quantity" field and you will have a higher decimal precision (ideally up to 4+ decimal places) in our "Price" field. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

RBabar
Participant
Make sure you fix it for all the currencies. Its not working at all PKR
WendyMitrovich
Participant
Great news. This update will mean that we can roll out quoting in HubSpot which is a game changer. Thank you.
KConradKBX
Participant

Agree that this is a huge limitation for us right now. We bill in months for the "quantity" field and need to be able to show amounts by partial month. Looking forward to seeing this implemented and would happily be part of the Beta! @ethankopit thanks for paying attention to this need and letting us know when it's available.

CDolan8

Yeah, we'd love to be able to execute invoices and quotes directly from Hubspot, but without the additional decimal extensions, no can do.

JGuerin2

I agree with everyone that we need to have more than 2 decimals for quoting purposes. This would be very helpful.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. I just wanted to provide an update. We're still hard at work on this and just waiting to resolve some internal dependencies so we can get this feature rolled out. I can't say for sure when it will go out, but I would expect some time in the first half of this quarter (Q2, 2022). The previous update still holds. We will be offering higher decimal precision in a number of fields (e.g. Quantity, Price) on Line Items associated with Quotes and Deals and we likely won't run a beta for this feature since it is relatively "low risk". I'll update this idea once it has been delivered. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

Edyta7510
Guide

@ethankopit this is great news! 

Getting ready for mid-May then!!!  😁

coskunfirat
Participant

Finally!