HubSpot Ideas

jordan_yocum

Ability to export property history - specifically for 'HubSpot Owner'

Goal: The ability to report on 'HubSpot Owner' value history. 

Suggestion: An export of contact property history or a dashboard that tracks recrod ownership 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
November 30, 2017 01:38 AM

Hi all, I'm pleased to share that the ability to export the property history for a contact, company, or deal property in HubSpot is now live for all CRM users

Navigate to Settings > Properties, and click the property whose history you’d like to export.

Click the brand new “Export Property History” button in the upper-right.

Choose your desired file format, and the email address you’d like the export to be sent to. Within moments, you’ll have a spreadsheet in your inbox.

If you have any questions about this feature, please post them here

Re: Please Create a "previous owner" filter - changed to: New
July 25, 2017 06:23 AM

July 25, 2017 06:23 AM

Hey @jordan_yocum thank you for following up to clarify. So that our product management team can better understand your goal / request, but also so that others can find the idea and vote for it, I'm going to update the title/description of this idea. Feel free to edit yourself if you feel I have not communicated your feature request in full. Thank you!

Re: Please Create a "previous owner" filter - changed to: Delivered
July 25, 2017 05:45 AM

Hey @jordan_yocum @GuestGuy @jschmidt it is possible to access the historical values for a contact property such as 'HubSpot Owner' as well as data on specifically how the change was made.  

To view a contact's property history:

• Navigate to your contacts:
    • In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
    • In your HubSpot Sales or Marketing Free or Starter account, navigate to Contacts
  • Click the name of the contact.
  • To see the history of all properties for a contact, click View property history in the About section.

• This will display the property history of all properties for which your contact has had a value. Click the column headers to sort by property, the date of the change, or the change source. You can also use the search bar at the top to search for a particular property, value, or change source.

• To return to the contact record, click Back to contact record at the top of the screen. 

You can also see the isolated history of an individual property on the About card or from the All Properties screen. 

• To see the history for a specific property that doesn't appear in the About section, click View all properties.
  • Hover over a particular property and click See history.

To segment a group of contacts that had a previous value for a property, you can create a list that segments contacts based on historical values.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns further to the above. 

27 Replies
MarionFrelon
Participant | Partner

I really completely agree with suggestion!

BuyGoldAndBTC
Participant

Just FYI, don't know if this helps your use case, but I was able to make a flow chart with the "has ever been an owner of" criteria for if/then branch, and that allowed me to scan the contact owner property history and act on it.

That may help!

LRey
Participant

I think it's a major oversight to be not be able to EXPORT ACTIVITY (PROPERTY HISTORY) for an individual contact....how is this not yet possible??

I'm in the financial services biz and to not be able to furnish documentation on a client file with regards to activity on a specific client, in the event of a complaint or disconcerted client, subtracts from the value of this platform.

I know we can view the activity but we should be able to export as well since we can only view several activity entries to a page to then have to scroll to next page which could be multiple pages. It's cumbersome and arduous. If you can export a view when you filter from ALL CONTACTS, then why can't you export the view of the property history...??

BuyGoldAndBTC
Participant
Completely Agree! Sending a bunch of screenshots to the client is
Less Than Ideal!!

Please implement this Hubspot, or even just allow us to request that
Support do this for us if you want to avoid feature creep!
AGabrielyan

It would be excellent to export property history report by name and property change date

VGriesdoorn

Was this feature taken away again because we don't currently have the ability to export histrory data for a property.

ADzido

Hello, same problem for me. Also need to export history about contacts activity. Still it is not available 😞