HubSpot Ideas

Kanefire

Ability to Email to List in Sales CRM

Having the ability to create email lists and send mail to entire list at once in Sales CRM would help us tremendously. I am aware this is possible in the marketing side, but it creates issues as it forces interdepartment dependencies that complicates the workflow.

Our specific purpose would be to send updates to existing clients as handling communications through Hubspot would be an integral solution. It is also worth saying that forcing the use of the marketing CRM for this type of communication becomes more costly given the limited # of contacts per tier allowable in the marketing CRM.

I do think the contact pricing for marketing CRM needs to be revamped as it is cost prohibitive for my retail service business that would use it for newsletters to exisitng clients, quite different from the inbound system Hubspot marketing is modeled for. See my other post for that here

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pricing-Structure-for-Contacts-Prohibitive-for-Retail...

Thank you for your consideration

7 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Kanefire thank you for your post. I can confirm that the ability to send email in bulk is not currently planed for HubSpot's Sales Platform and will continue to be reserved for our Marketing platform and tools. The HubSpot Sales platform is specifically designed for 1:1 communication between your Sales Representatives and their leads. 

Kanefire
Contributor

@roisinkirby thanks for the message. I understand that Hubspot would like to keep my companies contact with our clients 1 on 1. I see how this is important in inbound sales where building relationships is more effective than bulk numbers. Given that this is post-sales communication, that position doesn't really apply. Updates, fixes, maintenance are all reasons to communicate with post-sales clients where 1 on 1 emails would be impractical when there are thousands.

This is twice where I have found Hubspot "Top Down" ideology interferes with user experience and practical application. I value the principles on which Hubspot was founded, but practical use is of direct value. Why would we be forced to use the marketing side for post sales clients? Departments are different, workflows are different, not to mention your contact pricing in marketing would make pushing all of our post sales clients into it more expensive for us, for no good reason. It seems as though Hubspot would prefer us to find a different company for a solution to post-sales communication.

Worthwhile mention pointing out the irony here. Hubspot hs gained notoriety for being the company that flipped marketing from top-down stand on a corner with a megaphone and shout out what we can do, to bottom up, offer content that provides value to a client and build a relationship. Hubspot's position on this issue is top down forcing us into impractical solutions in order to acheive it's bottom up ideology.

The navigator may know to head north, but the steersman heading west to avoid danger trumps everytime.

Vik
Participant

Please use our HubSpot-integrated product Dossier, available at http://www.dossier.work. It connects to HubSpot and immediately inserts all contact data from your team's email into HubSpot CRM, creating companies, contacts and sending emails to HubSpot as well.

Once synced with HubSpot, you can send bulk emails from our Contacts tab using easy-to-use email templates that are designed not for marketing teams, but for sales followup. Dossier for HubSpot starts off FREE for up to 5,000 messages, so you are good to go.

Here's a video on the Dossier product and it shows the bulk-email sending feature for sales teams, and the HubSpot integration.

Kanefire
Contributor

and a 3rd party shows with a solution...lol
Thanks Vik (chatted with Giselle, I asked her to forward my email to you)

FAIL Hubspot

Vik
Participant

We're here in the spirit of helping out in the HubSpot community. So, like in any community, our goal is to help each other. If HubSpot doesn't practically offer a solution, perhaps we do, or maybe another partner does - and vice versa. HubSpot Marketing is strong at bulk-sending, so if it's a pricing issue with HubSpot, then HubSpot is best equipped to address that, of course.

For clarification, our (Dossier's) personalized outbound emails - that sync to HubSpot - are sent out directly from your Google (business) Gmail or Outlook 365, not from an intermediary email. So deliverability is strong, but it also means that it's designed for sales teams to send newsletters or updates or templatized sales emails in the B2B scenario of dozens to max hundreds a day per salesperson. Gmail and Outlook 365 have limits of sending no more than 500 emails a day, so in all fairness, our Dossier for HubSpot app won't be practical for sending, say 10,000 emails in a single day. Truly, HubSpot Marketing is best used for that use case.

Thanks for visiting us at Dossier, and for the compliment on our website's popup message 😀.

MichelleCardin
Participant

While I understand from the responses here that HubSpot does not intend to add the ability to email to a list on the sales side, I do agree that there are many post-sale customer communications where this feature could be very helpful. For example, one of my sales reps recently asked if he could email his entire list of customers to let them know that he'll be out on vacation and whom to contact in his absence. Another example, he mentioned would be to wish them well during the holidays.

I get the 1:1 premise but agree there are several instances where it would be beneficial to give sales the ability to email their list of active customers who may need product updates, holiday hours, vacation alerts, etc. 

Thanks! 

Kanefire
Contributor

@MichelleCardin yep. They told me to go get mailchimp if I want to send an email to let them know software update, vacay, etc... Couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

Provide value, they said...smh